Why don't girls ask guys out?

Why don't girls ask guys out?

Most Helpful Girl

• some of us do... others of us, we usually start convo and if the guy doesn't come up to them we usually shy away (why do some guys not start convos? not saying that you dont just putting it out there)

We are nervous and worried we'll run out of things to say, forwarding awkward silence or we might say something stupid. Those things we fear less as we get older

its better to say hi and stuff, when the guy doesn't come up to the girl sometimes we get the wrong idea and then think "oh he isn't interested" and then think "i shouldn't ask him out if i know he isn't going to say yes"

Conversation stalls= No chemistry/both parties awkward as hell,

Guy never starts it=not interested/lack of confidence

Most Helpful Guy

• At the age of the asker, Mr Anonymous, the social convention is that males are expected to make the first move.
    This changes after women turn 30 and by 35 it is not unusual for a woman to take the initiative.
    The increased willingness by females to take the initiative is caused by a combination of:
    1. The pool of available men is dwindling rapidly, because around 35 is when most men who go MGTOW take that decision. A man can be rejected, scorned, used and fucked over by a divorce court only so many times before he comes to the conclusion that women fail a cost/risk/benefit calculation.
    2. They have realised the the previous 15 to 20 years screwing a conga line of bad boys and sundry other sociopaths and losers who were 'fun' and 'exciting' was a waste of the best years of their lives.
    3. Combine #1 and #2 with their closing window of fertility and the sound of their ovaries counting down to zero, which keeps them awake at night.

What Girls Said 38

• Because this girl want to be single

• I did

• I do

• years of social conditioning lol.

• some girls are confident and just go for what they want and some girls are shy and want the guy to make the first move

• Yes we do. Or do you happen to be a shy guy who forms crushes and can't act on them? I also believe that this topic should not be gender based. If you have a crush you should act on iy

Woops, hit the wrong button. Lol. But I don't believe that if you have a crush you should act on it and its as simple as that. By sitting back and waiting for your crush to take you by the hand your shifting your responsibilities onto someone else.

I happen to be the unattractive guy that all girls on earth should stay away from.

Lol * I do believe that if you have a crush you should act on it.

• I think that when a girl really likes a guy, she initiates.
    If she is not initiating anything, chances are she isn't that into you

• I've actually never in my life approached a guy or hit on one which is so sad. I guess I'm too chicken. 🙃

I know the feeling, it's sad and we feel like powerless chickens that are born to be taken charge of.

• Why don't girls ask guys out?
    They do. However I find most gals ask out guys that are above average. Gals already often have plenty of average and below average guys approaching them so they may not see much reason in asking out an average guy.

you mean looks right

okay i won so yes im done lol

You didn't win.

You claimed my points were worthless to you. Then showed a lack of understanding of the word 'worthless' as you do care about looks since in your words she has to be attractive to you and you care about personality since belief is most important to you.

All you did was contradict yourself as looks and personality aka belief aren't worthless to you.

Then you twisted and hamster wheeled by playing the 'it matters but it doesn't matter when X' game. When and how much it matters is irrelevant the point is that it is not worthless as you claimed.

You 'lost' whatever game you were playing by yourself. And to me it just speaks volumes how you went on and on about your personal criteria in a gal when I didn't ask. Beck I repeatedly asked if you were done. That is suggesting to me that you're not only a failure at the English language but with gals too.

And with that I am temp blocking you as you seem to be one of those really sad clinger ons.

• It's seen as the man's job to do the asking and approaching and to be more bold etc.

• I have before and I've been told that it was awkward and took the fun out of the chase by several guys so I just don't do it anymore.

• I don't because I am ugly. I feel like I am just setting myself up for failure. I think if anyone is attractive (including girls) should ask someone out. They likely won't be rejected.

• I think most girls are used to the idea that they need to be chased in order to be valued. Or they're just shy. Or they never really learned how to do it.

• I've asked a few guys out. It depends on the girl I guess.

• Maybe it's they type of chick you attract. A good amount of chicks don't like to ask guys out for some reason

• We do

• Why don't you ask girls out?

• some girls do

• I do ask guys out. I like to take initiative.

• I don't want to lulz

• I do 😉

• We do, just cause it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've asked a guy out before and we had a good few dates

• uhhh because the guy has to pass the test a. k. a he has to show he's man enough to ask you out himself

• They do. Or some of us do.

• I do.

• Because that's seen as 'bold' or 'feminazi'. Most women are too scared because of the judgement of other people.

• Fear of rejection

• I could friendly ask guy out to go together to cinema or some event but couldn't ask guy out on a date

• This girl does! Stop grouping us all together were not all the same!

• I ask guys out.

How many?

@Ahsain only to tell you nobody is talking to you and you play no role in any of the conversations

Well you're never talking to someone until you enter the conversation. I didn't realize that you had complete control over who gets to talk to who on this website

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 34

• Fear of rejection. You'll see many dodge this question or recite gender roles but at its core it's fear.

• Some do, there were like 3 chicks who asked me before but their ammount is very few in community.

Well because world is based on that, men are hunters and women are hunts its even like that in the nature, thats always males who chase females and fight for them against others. Females are shy, weak creatures and we are brave, strong. We have more testestorone hormones which is also known as "bravery/sex hormone" we can't generalize all but most of male are brave compared to woman cause of having high and healty testestorones.

Male is symbol of strenght and Female is symbol of beauty, we have to be more dominant and brave compared to them.

• Because girls have been cultivated in a princess entitlement culture, taught everything will come to them and they don't have to work for it.

• Some do some don't. Just ask the girl you like out dude.

• They ask me 😳

• Because they don't have to.

They can just sit back, not ask anyone out and still get still get into a relationship/get laid.

For men, it's either you ask someone out or you stay single/celibate.

• They're absolutely terrified of rejection.

• Good question, it should be equal today. If you like someone, ask them out. there's no gender role B. S...

• They do, but not all of them. Plus the fear of rejection is larger for the females than males.

• Because secretly nobody really wants to ask anyone out, because of the fear of rejection. It's just that guys know they have to if they ever want to be with a girl. Girls have the luxury of being able to sit back.

I'm not afraid of rejection, I fear the high probability they'll tell everyone and humiliate me like every girl who rejected me did

That's still fearing the effects of rejection.

It's not fear of rejection itself, fear of humiliation

• Same reason that guys don't as gals out. Fear of rejection.

• they do my friend they do trust me , they ask guys out and even invite them over for sex its just that like me you're not lucky enought to meet such girls, i am pretty good looking and attracting girls is not an issue no matter how hot they are, however that is useless against sheer luck if your e not lucky you're simply unlucky, there are these three girls and two are super hot, my friend is big, fat and not really that attractive, one of them was eyeing him and she walked up to him and introduced herself, her super hot friend was eyeing me and smiling at me for a long while over the sapn of few days, and to this moment she hasn't even said hi to me.

iam sorry to say luck plays a role.

It's not luck, there's a reason. The reason for the girls you're describing here is they're openly expressing that they just want sex and they have control over you because you unfortunately are having issues keeping your pants up

Stds? not gonna lie iam sure some have some dont , so far my friends seem pretty happy about their sexual endeavours and some even got married and have kids, finding a good girl is hard especially if you want sex, if you want to wait for a great girl to have sex most guys will probably wait til their late twenties or mid twenties, gusy lower their standards for sex, but some just get lucky.

I'm not looking for sex right now, plus you can't just wait you have to look and find someone

• A woman in her prime years never approaches until she becomes post wall in her 30s when she's out of dating options. Apparently when sex robots becomes the norm in a few dacades men will hold the cards in dating because women will be rendered obsolete.

Why put up with female BS, the crap they bring and cause when you can have a Jessica Alba sex robot look alike. Lol

• It happens. Usually once a millennium. It happened to me once.

• Because women don't handle rejection well, also they are afraid...

• That's boring, you're boring. Learn to hunt, boy.

You think I don't already?

Stop downvoting every girl who disagrees with you, ya s***.

Sorry I only just saw this. I'm down voting people guys and girls who are avoiding the subject or provoking others

• THEY ARE AFRAID OF BEING REJECTED

• I don't know, you tell me

I didn't come here to read jokes cliché jokes from the 1800s

• Simple answer, they don't need to. They get asked out by guys already

• Yeah babes can ask me.. 😏

• Because they're cowards.

• If Girls actually Asked Guys, then it'd be game over. This website would cease to be.
    So Long Space Cowboy.

• How else is she going to subconsciously know, if he is a take-charge type of guy or not?

• In this generation they do, believe it or not

• I don't know. My girl kissed me first. I should have kissed her on the dance floor, but we were having such a good time, I didn't want to push anything. Kind of hate that I didn't kiss her first though.

• Cause they are pussies

• I never hunt, i'm just a prey, i'm just there to be taken charge of, i just do what the woman says, the fact that i'm shy makes me even more pussywhipped because of my lack of confidence.

Then you know what the issue is, confidence. That's the only problem you possess, fix that and you're fine

• Oh, they do.

• If they do, other girls call them names

farmfolly.com/.../lees_hoes.jpg

• Cuz they want you to man up and do it.

• More from Guys
    4