Should I lie about my age in order to be taken seriously?

It seems as if guys won't take 21-year old virgin girls seriously for a relationship. I'm just wondering if that would likely change if I told them that I was 5+ years older.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. I don't think guys will take a 26 year old virgin any more seriously than they do a 21 year old virgin.

2. Are you just wanting to lose your virginity or are you looking for a relationship? If you get into a relationship, the guy will eventually learn your true age. Then he will think of you as a 21 year old virgin liar.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I find no reason why you should be lying about your age.

What Guys Said 46

• No. Being taken seriously has more to do with who you are than your age.

You are still a virgin, that is one of the most beautiful things you can be. You can offer the man who is worthy of your devotion, heart, and love, the one thing that is prized above all else in every society except America.

Your virginity is sacred. DO not throw it away. Anyone who scorns you for it is simply jealous that they lost theirs, and probably to an unworthy guy. These people are not worthy of your concern. Doing the right thing gives you a lonely life for a while, but ultimately you will find happiness and they will continue destroying themselves.

One day, you will find a man whom your heart adores, and whom your gut instincts tell you, "This is the one". Do not give him your virginity until the honeymoon or you risk destroying your future.

• if your just doing it for some cock then sure.
    but if you lie about it, your going to have to tell him eventually if it gets serious. If I found out a woman lied on something that petty? I would just end the relationship immediately because who knows what she will do on something serious

• Yeah cause lying about your age will definitely make people take you seriouly.

• Yeah great idea... start your relationship off with a lie and watch it crumble.

• Don't lie , be honest and guys that say they want a women who is experienced are most likely sleaze bags who just want to get in your pants try to avoid those guys. Find someone who likes you for who you are, don't compromise. There isn't a lot of women like you who have self respect and integrity don't loose that. When the right guy comes along he will take you seriously till then focus on what you want to do and achieve, whether it's studies or career and have fun and be outgoing.

• Of course things would change and soon you'll be batting in the major leagues, swimming out of your depth and expected to float like a big girl, able to take the harsh realities of lust, love, sex consequences w/o a tissue always at hand.

• No, never lie about your age, this kind of lie can be easily spotted and it certainly won't last long.

• definitely not. you are then beginning a relationship with a lie. not a good way to start

if a guy won't take you seriously because you are a 21 year-old virgin then you don't need to be with them. find a guy who accepts you for who you are

• I don't think you should have to lie about your age - I prefer someone to be honest with me and leave preconceptions aside until I get to know people.

• I really doubt your age is the problem. More likely they don't believe ANY woman that age wants a relationship, because the average female that age just wants to ride as many cocks as she can while she's young, and THINKS she'll find someone to wife her up when she's about 30.

If I were interested in relationships, I would muchly prefer a woman around your age (few years younger to a few years older).

• Yes. Start a relationship based on a lie. Good idea.. Smh

• The bigger red flag is making a big song and dance about being a virgin. Fine, you are, do something about it.

• Here's the problem: by lying you'd mold yourself into exactly what they suspected you were. Why give them that power?

How old are these guys anyway?

• My wife was only one yr younger than you.

• If they're not taking you seriously it's because they want sex instead of a relationship. I would think you'd want to avoid that type...

BUT, there is an ideal girl they look to have a relationship with right? its certainly not a 21 year old virgin.

Again, then that shouldn't be the sort you want. I was talking to a girl who is a 25 year old virgin. It didn't bother me even a little.

• Correction: CERTAIN "guys won't take 21-year old virgin girls seriously for a relationship."

Take full advantage of self-selection to weed out those types of guys who won't take virtue and self-control seriously.

• No you should not lie about your age. You should find someone who likes you for you, they will see past your age. Have faith. Good luck

• No. I doubt your problem has anything to do with your age or virginity most guys prefer younger women with the fewest sexual partners possible.

• No lol, you might as well just not say anything about it unless he asks. I wouldn't lie about it, I don't know why guys would have that much of a problem with it

• No, sooner or later they'll find out and won't want anything to do with you. And if you think guys won't take you seriously it's because you talk to the wrong guys

• I wouldn't take some one more or less serious depending on just their age but they way they carry them selfs is what I would look for it depends on your maturity lying about your age won't make a difference and eventually just make things worse

• You should not lie about your age. I am having serious relationship with older girls and they are not minding my age at all. What you should do is show them guys that you are actually mature enough for serious relationship.

• Don't go for guys much older than you... and why do they have to know you're a virgin?

They ask. Always.

• That would be even weirder.

• Yes, I love it when a girl lies her age about being older. It's like a wonderful surprise! Unless... you know, she's like 16 then it's not cool.

• no don't lie. be honest and the right guy will be okay with that.

• your age isn't preventing you from being taken seriously. its your attitude and maturity.

• It's not about age, it's your persona, your demeanor and what you allow and don't allow. Do you have examples how how people aren't taking you seriously?

It's just obvious that they look down upon me for being a 21-year old college student. The other day I was talking to a guy who is older than me and in the middle of the conversation he told me that "you need to gain more experience, you need to be more outgoing/less shy, etc... because that's what guys want).
      How the hell am I supposed to gain experience when no one will even take the chance to get to know me in the first place?

"How the hell am I supposed to gain experience when no one will even take the chance to get to know me in the first place?" LOL I feel this one. There's people younger than you and people take them seriously. It's all about how much influence you have. And "because that's what guys want" is what guys like HIM want. I am living proof to your face (kinda) that not all man want some wild, outgoing woman. Lots of mean like the meek, demure type anyway.

You're not a bad puzzle piece, you just need the right connection.

I don't know about him but I would adore a girl if she's a 21 year old virgin and adore even more if she's shy

• Start off with a lie. Hmmm... Sounds like a sure fire way to have them take you seriously.

• No, no real point in that.

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 31

• No. Never do that as that becomes fraudulent in nature. They will never take you seriously because they aren't serious about you. Some guys don't like virgins if your not willing to put out. Or because it will be a chore for them if such relationship leads to sex. The point is many guys during college are interested in hookups with those who are already experienced sexually during their HS or middle school years. Your speaking to immature boys, they are NOT men looking for love. But somebody to use until they grow tired and bored. Don't waste your time dating in college these days. And the ones who may be right for you and working towards their degree or maybe taken. Plus, how do they know that you are a virgin? Nobody needs to know your business. Never advertise.

are working towards their degree or maybe taken.*

• No! You should never be driven to lie about your age! I mean, would you like it if people did the same to you? If a 30 year old said he was 24 for example? It already breaks fundamental trust in a relationship. Age knows no boundaries in true love! You should never feel pressured to lie about your age, always be honest. It seems like you're looking at the wrong type of guys because they all end up the same. And maybe you should keep the fact that you're a virgin to yourself for a while since they all seem to know this and it's more of a private thing. But no, you shouldn't lie! Just try being more open in searching for guys to date or... Mate I guess! Whatever it is, since you seem to only be drawing the same crowd of guys! I howl this helps! :)

• No, because eventually they'll discover the truth. They'll feel betrayed and hurt. They'll probably just cut contact with you. Once you lie to someone it makes every truth become questionable You don't want to earn yourself the reputation of a liar.

• I have no respect for liars, so obviously I can't take them seriously. I'm sure mature dudes will share this opinion.

• Why lie about who you are? You're deceiving the person, and starting a relationship on a lie is always bad news. Guys especially hate when a girl lies about her age, especially if it's a teen that could get him in trouble.

• No because no one wants to take a liar seriously. Eventually they're going to find out that you lied (if it's not obvious because you probably look young) and they will be angry that you lied. You don't want to start a relationship with a lie. I can see why guys don't want to take you seriously considering that you're considering this.

• It seems that when i between 18-22 guys never took me serious. Now that Im older, they take me seriously. But not a lot of guys even in their mid 20s are mature. So how can they be critical of you when they themselves are not even mature and can't be taken seriously?

• It's not your age that is the problem. It's those guys and perhaps the aura you put out. If you don't seem to take yourself seriously other people won't.

• Please don't lie about your age, you know it's not a good idea at all, especially when you get caught out.
    Instead take a long hard look at yourself and see what needs changing, it could be something as simple as to how you put yourself across to others.

I put myself across as mature, yet right off the bat, people dismiss me simply because of my age. It's sad, but that's just how it is. Older guys don't take younger girls seriously.

Yes, because one of the guys I was talking to who happens to be older, kept telling me how I should become more experienced, more outgoing and less shy, etc... How I have only been an adult for only 5 minutes... and he has been "around the block" for a long time...
      Clearly, he is showing me that he looks down upon me simply because of my age.

Well I know exactly what I would be telling that pompous, arrogant, self conceited, egotistical wanker to do, and that would be to take a huge fucking running jump.
      Just who the hell does he think he is? Mr Fucking Know It All.

• No don't lie trust me every guy is different. I'm still a virgin and met someone and he takes me seriously.

• No, your relationship will never be healthy if you lie about something that important. They'd find out eventually.

• no never do that!! thats a ridiculous idea

• lying is not a good thing

• You definitely won't be taken seriously in a relationship when they find out you've lied

• I'm a 21 year old virgin and people take me seriously... Maybe you're just not attracting the right type of guys? Lying about your age won't help the situation at all girl.

• You might be taken less seriously if you say you're an over 25 and a virgin. Plus it probably has more to do with personality than age.

• No that's dumb don't do that. Be honest

• Nope It is better to say the truth

• umm no
    then you would be a liar

• If u wanna be taken seriously just own up to who you are as a person and live your life seriously. Thinking up petty lies like that are the reasons you shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Lying won't get you anything real. You could refuse to give your age though.

• No don't lie. There is nothing wrong with being a virgin. I am a virgin too.

• Troll

• I don't see why

• lying won't take you far. Always be honest

• lying defs doesn't have any side effects or consequences

• so you're going to start a relationship based on a lie? not good.

• if you want to be taken seriously then don't lie about your age. stand up for yourself! if that's their real problem about you then they are not worth of your time.

• Then screw to those who has no respect for you. Plus dont prove to them to prove ur point. U r of what u are n dont let them dumbass idiots judge you. We all know better than that.

• I think you should wait because the guys would only like to pop that cherry then leave... So my advice is to go on dates and be honest in what you want...

• More from Girls
    1