My friend and I like each other but he has a girlfriend. What should I do?

I'll try to keep this short.
We've been friends for a long time. One night a couple of months ago he came over for dinner and ended up staying the night. We both developed strong feelings but agreed to keep things friendly.

He's spoken to me as a friend about how he's thinking of ending things with his girlfriend (for his own reasons).

In the meantime, the girlfriend doesn't like me and they have argued about it. I don't blame her for feeling threatened and have spoken to him about either not being friends or waiting until he's single and he insists we should stay friends.

I don't know what to do. Despite feelings I honestly just want to be able to hang out with him and have fun but it feels like we have to hide being friends.

Should I keep being his friend whether he's single or not?
Or should I stop being his friend until he's single, even though I don't know if he will be any time soon.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's best if you stay away from him for a while. If something bad happens in their relationship it may look bad on you.

I feel bad as well because he doesn't want to stop talking.
      Maybe I should stay his friend but keep my distance?

Yeah, that's a good idea, you don't want to create any drama, just tell him first though.

• Leave him alone, and move on