How acceptable is this for a first date?

I've got a date with a girl coming up. We haven't finalized plans or a location as we are both extremely busy but I had a thought that I could invite her to my place and cook her dinner. We've known each other for 4 years as friends so we're pretty comfortable around each other. I want to show off my cooking skills to her. Lol. Would this be okay or would it be better to go to a restaurant instead and save that for later. I don't want to give off the wrong impression. What are your thoughts?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends (expand)

Most Helpful Girl

• That would actually be more romantic and intimate than a restaurant. That is if you can really cook. I'd personally be a lot more excited to do this than go somewhere fancy.

I'm a great cook! At least that's what my momma says... Lol

In all actuality though I am pretty good, I work as a chef on a private charter boat.

Shit, then invite me instead of her

Most Helpful Guy

• For a girl who you've just met, that's a bit too much, too soon.
    For someone who you've known for 4 years, I don't see the problem. Make sure she's comfortable with it, and treat it like a first date - e. g. don't try to initiate sex just because she's at your place.

Yah that was my main worry. I didn't want her to think I just wanted to do the date at my place to get in bed with her. I'm the kind of guy who wants to have a few dates before jumping into bed. Is there a good way to get this across to her without being too blunt or is that a good way to do it?

Honestly, the best way to go about it is simply to not discuss it. If you say, "I'm not doing this to get you in bed," the first thing that's going to cross her mind is, "Uh... is he lying to me... wait, no wonder he invited me to his place!"
      Be respectful. Open the door when she gets there, tell her to make herself comfortable, etc. Eat dinner, but keep an eye out for her body language. If she's hesitant, uncomfortable, etc., tone it down. It might also be a good idea to rent or Netflix a movie that you know she likes. That should help her ease up. Again, be respectful. Don't try to put your arms around her if she doesn't want you to. If she's nudging closer and looking at you, than go for it.

What Girls Said 3

• Awww that's sweet. Good luck.

• I think it's acceptable.

• If i've known you for that long and trust you i think that would be a great first date.

What Guys Said 0