When is the right time to break up with my boyfriend?

I did something bad. I was in a situation with a guy where he grabbed my arms and forced me into hooking up with him. I mean I should have been stronger and fought more but after telling a guy over and over again that you have a boyfriend and you won't hook up with him and then he continuously attempts to physically grab you and force you into it you lose will power. I know it was wrong and I honestly can't live with myself knowing I did this. He's such a good guy and he doesn't deserve to be with someone who would do this to him. I don't want to hurt him by breaking up with him but I know it'll hurt him and me more knowing that we're still dating and I did this to him. So my real question is what should I do and when is the right time to end it? We're on a break right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hold on! You're wrong! It's okay! Everyone makes mistakes and NOBODY is perfect! You were in a very high pressure situation and it wasn't rape, but it almost was. You were very pressured into something that you didn't want to do. He was grabbing you and wouldn't leave you alone. That's harassment in the very least. It's illegal for him to do that to you. However it's not considered rape because you consented eventually... But if your boyfriend really loves and trusts you then instead of being upset with you he should be outraged that anyone had dared do this to you! Even I'M upset and I don't even know you! You just have to be very open and honest with him, even if it's uncomfortable, speak your mind and say everything that's bugging you and that you want to say! Don't hesitate and don't hold back. If you do, he might sense that you're hiding something and trust issues might come up. You just need to say pretty much everything that you said on here! Tell him that that man doing that to you left you devastated because you want your loyalty to lie with your boyfriend and you're extremely upset about this. However, even if you do all of this he still might want to break up with you, although I personally doubt that he would! But you should be prepared and bring it up. Saying something like "I understand if you don't want to date me anymore because of this mistake." It'll show how you're being extremely serious about this whole situation! But make sure to tell him that you don't want that and that you love him dearly! I'm sure it'll all be okay! You can do this! Being open and honest is the solution! :)

What Guys Said 2

• You're telling us you were raped. Being raped is not your fault, but the fault of the rapist. Tell your boyfriend, and get this rapist out away.

• Talk to him, tell him exactly what happened the truth... Tell him you want to be with him, but understand if he wants to break up

What Girls Said 1

• Honey, if you said no, that is rape. It is not your fault. You need to go to the police and get some help. Otherwise this asshole will get away and do it again. Your boyfriend won't be mad at you, i promise. U need to remember ITS NOT YOUR FAULT! If he really cares about you he will know that and understand.