How do you feel about dating multiple people at once? How does it affect your sex life?

When it comes to dating I prefer to focus on one person rather than spreading myself across multiple people. I believe it can eventually lead someone on. It can also get confusing and possibly expensive.

I'm also a one person girl because of the sexual aspect. I like sex and before when we were getting to know each other seriously I wanted to find out if we were sexually compatible. I can't imagine having sex with that many people at once either, although now I changed what i was doing and now I'm waiting until a relationship is established before I think about getting sexual with someone.

I'm just looking for people's thoughts. Those are my personal feelings towards dating and sex.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated multiple people and I think in a way it's good too, especially from online dating, because there's a lot of people flaking/ghosting on it and it's a good way to find out who's the best match.

Regarding the sex life, I'm not sure. One time I was seeing a girl for a little over a month and she invited me over to her place and had me go in her bedroom and right before sex, I found an empty condom wrapper from another guy just laying in the bed. That made me feel uncomfortable especially since she invited me over because that made me feel like sloppy seconds.

• 6d

Thanks for most helpful guy

Most Helpful Girl

• WHEN I was doing this, was younger & agreement made by my #1 guy at the time, even came with a ring to keep, not wear. I was very naive to realize it was he that wanted to be a playboy and I could see others, so long as I was there WHEN he finally decided to get married, was older, inheritance in pocket. That said, at least two reports of his gang chasing friend-dates leaving my house.

It's too complicated to get as involved as preferred into too many guys and never sexually = talk about problems in spades. The only scenarios this might happen temporarily is when one's prime candidate is found to have clay feet, ergo doubts and another guy steps up to "try out" same time, even though he may have a similar lack. In such a mess, it's best to dismiss both and start over shopping for The One.

What Guys Said 10

• Do you think there are many guys who can answer this question? Most guys are lucky they can get one date at a time, let alone multiple. This seems to be a questions mostly for the girls. From what I know, most women don't mind when THEY do it but get upset when a man DOES it... especially when she's one of many.

I would think men can answer this! I know men who have no problems getting dates.

Rude? My apologies for clarifying your confusion of my statement.

"I think you have a reading comprehension problem." RUDE.

"Get it?" Patronizing.

• I am TOTALLY for dating multiple people at once. This is the most efficient way to find the type of traits you like in a partner, and to go through multiple dating iterations simultaneously.

Why date one person at a time, when you can date 3+ people at the same time?

• I wouldn't do it. When I decide to date it's because my head told me that it's a good idea to give this step, it wouldn't happen with more than one person at the same time.

• I think you should only date one person at once. If I'm interested in someone, then I wanna concentrate on her and hope to gain her heart.

If 2 random girls ask me out in the same week then maybe ok... go on a date with both but decide after them for one (as if I'd ever get asked out by 2 girls at once lmao)

• I prefer focusing on just one girl once we hit the "dating" phase. Though I may talk to a few at a time because you never know who you'll click with, out who you won't.

• I prefer one person who I can get to know. I don't think I can perform very well sexually if I don't know the gir and get comfortable with her first. I'm not a true man! Lol

• never done that before and never gonna do it ever

• I like to have one Special Lady in my life to love and be with that's what matters to me.

• I would only go on more than one date with someone if I was going to be in a relationship with them. More than one would only work for me if they were all going to be in a relationship with me and with each other.

• I think that this best thing is to be honest up front with people. Don't be deceptive. That causes serious issues...

What Girls Said 13

• when I was single I did go on a few dates with a couple different guys but that stopped pretty quickly when I know which one was the best match. I didn't have sex until it was wittled down to the one. I live in a small community so it would be awkward to possibly run into one guy im dating while on a date with another. Plus Im just not good at juggling guys. also, my emotions couldnt handle it

• I have always, or at least since I was twenty, had a husband and several boyfriends. I am sure I get more sex that way, an d it's energetic, orgasmic and effective sex. I'd recommend getting as many boyfriends as you can. Don't expect the boyfriends to be faithful to you, because they won't.

• I find that dating multiple people is great for the sex life. It keeps it fresh and you're able to learn a lot about yourself and about what partners like in general. Sometimes you don't even know you like something, until someone does it to you a certain way.

I find today a lot of people don't want to commit early on. Deciding to date multiple people will slow down the rate that you may develop feelings for him/her. That way, you're more likely to be on the same page emotionally when it's time to have the commitment talk. Because by then, you've realized when given options, this person is still better, and not just better than being alone.

• So long as they ALL know it's happening, you're not doing anything wrong.

• it's okay if it's done at the beginning at around the same time and no sex of any kind involved. but once you start leaning towards one person, you must let the others go. many people can't do it though.

• If there was no commitment like, i was just seeing different guys or just going on a date or two then yeah. But i wouldn't if I was in a relationship or dating. I dont think its right its cheating and its not something i would want anyone to do to me so i treat people the way i wanna be treated

• Lol well I don't have a sex life... but I like dating more than one person at once. It prevents me from giving all of my attention to one guy which generally leads to problems hah

• I'm okay with it as long as every one in the situation is okay with it.

• I just hate dating.

• Isn't that like the definition of cheating?

No, not until the relationship is exclusive.

So there's a point where it isn't exclusive?

I think I get you now. It depends on the people. Some people date exclusively, others don't. For those who date multiple people at once when the relationship is established that's when things are exclusive. But both people have to know that's going on in the beginning for it to work.

• I could only ever date one person at a time. I would prefer to have sex with one guy

• I think dating multiple people is fine, it's the point of it actually. I wouldn't do anything besides kiss until things started to get more serious and him and I decided to not date other people or until I lost the interest to date other people even if it's before we are too serious because I am hoping we will be.

• i am good with it