Can you force physical attraction?

You meet the sweetest person ever that has all the qualities you want, but you're not physically attracted to them at all. Will getting to know them make that go away? Can you learn to find that person attractive as you get to know them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so, which is often unfortunate.

I believe we can become more attracted to people we already feel some attraction for, but if we feel no attraction, then sadly we can't force it. Best to do this person a favor and not get with him/her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it can. That's exactly what happened with me.

He's my boyfriend now and I love him, and I think he's hot... now lol.

When I first met him, he wasn't my type at all! But he just kept trying and he's such a nice guy, everything I've wanted in guy in terms of personality.

I didn't force the physical attraction, it kind of just happened, I was so smitten by him and his personality that it changed my mindset of what is my type.

So yes, you can learn to find that person attractive as you get to know them.

What Guys Said 17

• Probably. You might not ever find them particularly attractive but you spend enough time with someone and you'll want to fuck them.

• Physical attraction can grow, just as it can wane. It can't be forced, though.

You either have that "holy shit I wanna fucking this person" feeling, or you don't. You can't talk yourself into it.

• Make what go away? Don't you mean gainattraction? And not really. She can be average and not find her attractive right off the bat, but she's objectively attractive

• I depends, have you had sex yet? It's a forward question, but a pertinent one.

• I think getting to know and like a person makes looks a lot less of an issue. It might be possible to find them attractive over time, and if not than looks simply won't matter if you love them enough.

• Hmmm no I don't think so, no.

• Yes attraction can grow. More so with women than men.

• yes its about the person not how they look

• I think you can become attracted to the person BY getting to know them

• nope

• maybe with some fucked up electrocution-reconditioning/drugging shit. naturally: no.

• i dont think so. I think you can deffinitly be good friends, but you like what you like physically, and i dont think that changes to much over time.

• You can't. You're either attracted to someone or you aren't.

• I think woman can learn to love a man they are not physically attracted to.

But most men cannot because attraction in men is visual primarily. It means men fall in love using their eyes.

• you an force penetration but not attraction

• woah you're beautiful by the way :) can i drop you a message?

• Yes, you can force it, I usually beat them until they say I'm attractive as fuck. But seriously you can force it by touch, eye contact, and with the tone of speaking.

What Girls Said 9

• Force no, but sometimes unexpected things become the things that you're attracted to most. My ex was totally not my type, but somehow we ended up together, and honestly he was so sexy to me. I really fell for the intellect, and how he was as a person.

• No, i have to be attracted to someone first. Thats what draws you to a person is what they look like and everything else comes secondary. I am being honest here and not to many people won't admit this esp women. I do not see myself falling for a guy just strictly off of personality. Need to have physical attractiveness in my book esp if were going in to be intimate.

• I don't think you can. Physical attraction doesn't matter that much, but it definitely plays a role in sexual relationships.

• You can eventually find them attractive. It happens a lot in arranged marriages. The closer you grow together the more attractive you find the other person.

My sister said the exact same thing when I asked her!

It's called Married at First Sight, and it's a great show. But it's based more on science, and compatibility. Traditional arranged marriages are rarely that informed.

@MELL__ I was a little off the title, but I put kind of based off arranged marriages because it isn't completely. It comes close though.

• nope

• been there and tried that... it doesn't work

• The more you get to know the person you will probably find them attractive

• No, it's just not realistic.

• I'm in this exact situation right now.. and unfortunately I'm gonna end it soon because honestly sexual attraction is important still.