Is 30 too old to date 23?

So, recently I met a woman at a party that seemed to really be into me. She is a co-workers friend. She was talking to me all night, and I gave her and her friend a ride home after the party. Her friend was rubbing my shoulder from the back seat so I'm pretty sure she was trying to hook up.

Anyway I didn't ask for her number immediately as my co-worker was in the car too, and I didn't want to invite myself in so I just left. I sent her a friend request, she accepted and a day or two later I sent her a message asking if she wanted to grab a drink sometime...

I have dated younger women before, but I think this would be the youngest. She did seem more mature than someone her age, but just wondering what the general consensus is here... I am 29 soon to be 30 this month, and she is 23, not sure when she will turn 24. But she is out of college at least... haha.

Hopefully she won't think I'm a creep for asking on fb, but I didn't want to ask my coworker if she was into me or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so... my Brother for example dated a woman that was 30 when he was 20 so its not a tabu. ..😊

I think it might have been for that woman though... maybe not your brother. I don't know. It doesn't seem like that big of a difference, but she is slightly younger than my younger sister so I guess that is what weirds me out a bit. I think they actually friends too... Although I don't think I ever met her through my sister.

I see... well i think in these cases it all depends on the person involved referring to his personal experiences and situations as to whether its a problem or not...😊

What Girls Said 7

• Nah, thats the age difference between my parents. I mean you're both out of college by now, its all good.

• Nope, not at all. Just understand that you may have different priorities.

• If she's legal and willing, have fun

• no, it's not

• nopeee

• If she was flirting then she most likely has no problem with at least hooking up with you.

• Yeah, sorry didn't even read...

If you have two consenting adults who want to be in a relationship with one another no matter the age difference (again, as long as it's legal), then by all means, date away. Too many people get hung up on too much stuff. Instead of focusing on an age difference, focus on being happy, and if they want to be happy with you, there you go!

What Guys Said 5

• dude i still find myself dating 18 and 19 year olds at times.. i say go for it and give her a good time lol

• No, but almost. I would be very cautious to date a 23 year old, but also I'm 33. - Personally, I'm not very romantically interested in people who are way younger. I feel like something is missing. It's like, "What were you doing in 1996, when Oasis was on the radio and CD players were kind of new technology? I need a past I can relate to. Personal opinion, only, not saying I'm right.

• 28d

I don't think I could do 10 year gap, but 7, ehh... She seems really cool, she is very attractive, and she actually looks and acts a lot older than she is. She is also 5'10 so I think her being taller makes her look older as well. I personally don't have a problem with it, but I would like to avoid hearing a bunch of shit about it from my friends and family, but I don't think they would do that.

Also, I am actually 29 right now turning 30 this month though, so more like 6 years and some change...

• 27d

That should be alright. It's the 12+ year gaps that are problematic for relationships, maybe. I think a 5-7 year gap shouldn't be too bad. My last girlfriend was 25 or 26 and I was 33, and we didn't even notice it. ever came up and we never thought about it.

• 30 with 23, for me, it's completely normal. You did good asking her.

• Not at all. I know plenty of people who have a 10+ year age gap relationship. The dating game isn't all black and white. If you have a connection with someone then why not at least try.

• Can't see a problem