Is life worth it?

I feel so depressed, before i was 18 I've been through so much that at 18 i was completely depressed and traumatized, i should have been hospiltilized but i refused and i kept going on... my mom and my sister dragged me to their depression. Im 24 now lonel, no friends, depressed and not even ever had a boyfriend, i feel like im not worthy of love and i feel very very very depressed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is hard. It definitely is! I too had depression and even caught myself having suicidal thoughts. But that's when I realised that I've hit rock bottom and the only way was to go up! Life is absolutely worth it and you should never give up on it no matter what! I felt exactly like you probably do now, here's what I did. I stopped caring about other people and their opinions and assumptions and expectations of me. I focused on finding a way to make myself happy and learn to love myself. It took my a while but through trial and error, I succeeded! Now, although still single, I've never felt happier! I'm slowly increasing my circle of friends and through my happiness I feel confident to interact with women, something that was extremely difficult for me. And I can see that it has an effect on them as well. Just take your time. All the time you need! Find and do things that will bring you joy and happiness in life, without caring what others might think. It's your life, not theirs! Once you do, you will slowly begin to change and soon after that you'll notice it. From there on, it's easy. Stay strong and always keep your head up! :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to start seeing a counselor immediately. You have to be happy with yourself 100% before you try to add someone into your life who might make your depression worse.

What Guys Said 5

• You're a beautiful young woman from Eritrea but living in the Netherlands in your mother's place but you say you have no family, you've had bad experiences with men, and the only things you do are school and work.

If your own life isn't great right now, maybe you could find fulfillment (and friends) by helping other people. See what charities need help in you area, and volunteer. It could be good.

• I'm with you right there.
    Depressed teenage years, friendless, never had a girl in my life and in a few weeks I will turn 22 years old.

I came to a realization, that life isn't what we want it to be.
    In order to cope with it, I started to believe in fates. Nothing religious I'm saying this right away.
    I don't know if it will help you but life is about enduring it. All you do is fight, fight and fight until you rest in peace.

Don't be so hard on yourself because what life to you is you have had absolutely no control over it. So make the best of what remains before it becomes something, that you once had and miss. It's stupid but it makes sense soon.

(in my opinion life is not worth it)

• I'm in the same about as you are except 3 years younger. Dunno how but I manage to just ignore the bad things in life and focus on what little good things I have.

• not really but you continue living as always

What Girls Said 0