I am 18 my new girlfriend is 23 year old. Is that much age difference?

Im still senior in high school, she works full time. My sister told me to find a girl my age.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. A five year age difference is quite a big age gap, but if you care for her, stay with her. Do what you want to do! it's your life and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Hope this helps!

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen man love is love no age gap matters at all don't let today's fucked up society tell you that you have to be with someone more around your age. 18-23 isn't even that much of a difference wtf just do ya thing and enjoy being with each other that's all that matters

What Girls Said 7

• No I don't think so, its whatever works for you really. However I think the whole still in high school would be a set back but in your case doesn't seem to be the case. But I will say when you go off to uni or college if you decide to, its a whole other world and you will be introduced to so many different people.

• That's a little much.

Now, full disclosure... I'm 23 and my fiance is newly 21. So.. I see no issue with dating younger but... that's a bit too young for me.

Your 23 and he's 21 what about an 18 year old man?

Nope. If you'll read the last line of my answer, I very clearly said no to that. That's too big of a gap. Nope. No way. 18 isn't a man. It may be legally but it's not realistically.

Oh okay haha, no wonder my sister and my annoying ex whos also my age are wondering how did I score a 23 year old! She will be 24 soon too:)

• It's no big deal don't worry about it. I know how you feel, but mines is vise versa I met my boyfriend 2 months after he turned 20 and I'm 24 so my friends and my sister as well was making a big deal saying how I should date someone my age or older. If you both love each other and happy stay together

• I used to thinkit was bad... because usually it's the guy who is older and seems that's what is acceptable to society and how it should be... but really if you guys can handle it and like each other, then it's not a big deal... unless you make it so.

• if your both okay with it then why worry :)

• if you're happy and its a healthy relationship there shouldn't be a problem with a couple years. my parents are 10 years apart and they've been happily married for almost 30 years. just consider the fact that she's at an age where she's gonna be going out to bars with friends and drinking and you still can't which might make you feel left out and also shell be looking to settle down, get married, and start a family soon most likely so you need to decide f you'd be ready for that too

• i dont really think so i mean there are people that have an age difference of like 10

What Guys Said 13

• Do yourself a favor. Forget what your sister has to say about it. You're not a minor anymore and in 2-3 years that age difference will mean nothing. It's only awkward to a handful of people in the highschool world. If anything your girlfriend is the one to most likely be judged at all, because she's the one dating younger.

• I don't see 5 years as being that big of a deal. My wife and I got married when I was 22 and she was 18. I don't think one more year would have made any difference.

• It's not a small difference but I think that it's not a big difference too. 5 years is okay.

• That's pretty cool your dating a 23 year old at 18 they have more experience I would be jealous tbh that is if she was hot

We are European, she's blonde and beautiful from Ukraine im Italian

Then you have nothing be ashamed of just match her maturity

• I've seen a 10 year difference before

• It's not a big difference.

How?:) my friends have younger girlfriends and for me, they call me lucky haha

• No it's fine. It's awesome

• You're both adults. Who cares?

I know right? Yes I'm an adult now, but still a damn teenager.. ugh hate it

• Age is but a number. Love has no boundaries.

• Thats awesome, wish I could do that!

• Forget what your sister said. You date whomever you want to date. It's only a 5 year difference I don't see it as a big gap unless it was 10 years or more. If it's your first relationship, then go for it. She can probably teach you and because she has more experience in life than you, well assuming that she would anyway.

• Naa you are legal so you are alright.

• Older women are much better than immature little bitches...