Why you wanna understand the opposite gender?

People: "Do girls like this?" or "guys, boobs or ass?"
Me: WtF? why?
For me, questions in which people ask about possible behaviour of opposite sex are not good.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i am not talking about simple ones I AM TALKING about questions which generalizes gender.
OC, second opinion is never bad but still, why was there need in the first place?
This generalisation is bad, it creates constraints in your brain which may be the reason for your single status. Why not adventure on your own?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to care when I was 14 because I didn't understand actual relationship much. It was all just physical appearance to me.

But Now that I am 19, you won't see me ever asking questions like, "Do guys like full lips? or skinny lips?" or "Do guys like curves?

and so on.
    And also most of those questions comes from insecurity and that is one of the quality I dislike.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• There are Many different Kinds of this 'Opposite Gender,' They Come in all Shapes and Sizes, However... Not All Are Alike.
    If you Get to Know them, you can Pretty much "Figure them Out and What they Are all About. Open lines of Convo is very Important, for Actions do Not always Speak Louder than Words.
    However, if I Care enough to Continue the Chemistry Here, dear, I will Keep Going to Know More in Store, as well as when Time goes on, he Will learn More about Me and then We shall Both... See.
    Good luck and Great question, Thanks for this Kind Invite. xx in "Understanding M

• Agreed. The best way to meet someone to potentially date/hook-up with is to just do it on your own through some trial&error in rl like most people do or have done. I think that the majority of people who post questions like that and thinking that hugely generalized answers will be a magic solution are the type who are so socially inept that they get comfort from thinking that they do know what sort of behaviours will grant them success?

Which obviously is not the case but.. unfortunately, people on forums like this tend to not react too positively to being told that the remedy they're seeking is not feasible in reality. 🤐

yeah, true.
      * on side note: what's up with pic?

eh? what's up with it... nothing? I post body pics once in a while when I get bored with my previous one and have nothing else to really put up.

• I try not to generalize anything about the opposite gender, I want to understand them better... If I could do anything for a day, it would be to have or be inside of the brain of the person I formerly loved. I understand not all men or all women are the same, and as a professional in Human Resources, I see an abundance of behavior that is not even gender related at all! We as humans need to understand however, that men and women are different, they think differently, and their are hundred of thousands of studies to show that!

• Most people tend to generalise due to their own past experiences.

If a women or man has been betrayed by every guy/girl they've been in a relationship with, then they may generalise by judging ALL men/women the same. Although it's it unfair, that's just how the human mind works sometimes.

• I sort of agree, I get annoyed with some of those, "do you like" questions. but at the same time when it comes to girl/guy behavior some of it can be general, I can tell you why a most likely why a girl does this or that, & I think you could tell me most likely what it meant when he did this or that

• I don't want to understand men. I don't even understand women or myself entirely.

• Well I used to care about these things but not now. I do agree with ya😀

• Eh, for me it's like studying chemistry it's interesting and may become useful in this short-mating game we call life

somewhat true. just like reading theory instead of practicals

one where you have to actually do stuff you learned in books :P

eW -.- Work!

• you actually do have a point smartass

• Well this was a while ago
    Not anymore
    They can like me or dislike me for how I am

• Actually, understaning the opposite gender is something all of us should be doing. There is no excuses anymore

reason being?

The fact that you find if funny makes me so sad yet not even surprised

please don't be sad, just learn how to use punctuations. you will feel happy :)

What Guys Said 11

• See i used to be the person your describing, but then i figured out that being a sheep is boring so i became a lone sheep, made to forever walk this site, forced to battle against dummies and try to answer those bad questions with answers that would either mock or insult or acutally try to answer those questions, its a tough road that i MUST venture upon.

• What did you expect? Its called girlsaskguys for a reason. People want to learn about their opposite gender, although i agree some questions are dumb and repetitive

• It's because they think the opposite sex is fundamentally different and therefore incomprehensible.

Why? Because these people are socially inept and sexist, of course

• I do agree with your premise, find out on your own but then this site would be redundant (LoL)

• i dont wanna understand the opposite gender. im very complicated myself, if i understand myself better then it will be a big achievement

• That doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyway we came to GirlsAskGuys after all. Isn't it why we are here?

• Absolutely!

• I don't even try to understand women.

• I was raised by mostly women, i understand them well enough.

yeah, that's kind of helpful. i was raised with 2 sisters , ik

• You're right.

• Internet is very very bad place