Dating someone out of your league?

I have a dilemma. A guy has implied to me in and almost very direct way that he has insecurities because he feels that I am out of his league. I don't feel that I am and to me I feel that we are on par.

I have two questions.
The first question is how do I have him understand that I am not out of his league and he Is not out of my league? The second question is have you been in a similar situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the thing, this guy you are talking about is telling you that he thinks you are "out of his league". First of all, there are no leagues in my opinion because you believe what you want. So if he thinks he is not good enough for you then does he think of himself negatively? You should want a guy with confidence that goes with his guts and heart and if he likes you he will not let anything stop him. This guy needs to grow up and become a man.

If you really like him though, then explain that there are no such things as leagues. If he thinks you two could be great together than that's what he should try to do. Not waste time saying you are too good for him... then why the heck is he still trying to date you? You know what I mean.

Tell him that you value his individual characteristics and see him as a great guy (if you truly do) and that you would love to hang out together more and get to know eachother better.

And if you are questioning him, move on and find another guy that has confidence and is manly enough to believe that he is good enough for some one as beautiful and sweet as you. Best of luck! 😎

Most Helpful Girl

• People should stop that crap about leagues. Those things are stupid. The only thing that is stopping him is his own insecurity.

What Guys Said 3

• 1- tell him to stop being a bitch. Assuming that the other dude is between 30-35+, tell him it's not fucking middle school 😂

2- I've liked friends out of my league, but I haven't told them. Also, it was more of just a crush than not asking them out cause they were ridiculously hot... actually, kinda, but it was whatever and I got over it fast

• I have been in this situation. She needed constant assurance that I liked and loved her. It was exhausting and a burden. I'll never date a girl like that again.

• 1. Talk to the guy a lot; make him feel comfortable talking to you. Also become close with him by hanging out or something
    2. I've been in this many times. I never was necessarily been in a relationship, but it was because I just liked the girls as friends

What Girls Said 0