How to turn down guy friends?

so one of my guy friends has had a crush on me for a few years and I've known about it because everyone told me, but he never made a move and just kept it to himself. now he knows that I'm not interested but he's upset with me for not telling him sooner so that he wouldn't have "wasted his time on me".
Im in a similar situation again and i wanna let the guy know I'm not into him but i don't how to bring up the fact that i know he has feelings for me since he hasn't actually said it. how can i approach the situation?

What Guys Said 2

• Just be honest and straightforward.

so just bring it up out of no where?

Yes. If he doesn't want to be around you after you make it clear to him that you don't like him, then you're saving your own time and energy for people who you really like. Why would you want to be around someone you don't like anyway?

• It's no surprise you're always in that situation, you're really cute

What Girls Said 1

• I'd just tell him how much he's like a brother to you and just use words like dude, bro, buddy. Tell him how much you appreciate his friendship and hope it stays that way.