Why would a guy not approach you if he likes you?

There's this guy in my class who keeps staring at me and smiling whenever he catches my eye. He always smiles and says hi/bye to me and it always seems like he wants to say more but never does. He never approaches me or tries to make conversation even when I am by myself. I'm wondering why a guy would do this and if he is interested in me or just being friendly?

Most Helpful Guy

• Same reason women don't approach guys. Fear of rejection. We have all the same insecurities, thoughts and feelings as you do, we just hide (and expected to) them better.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because he's scared of the possibility of being rejected!

What Guys Said 9

• One possible reason could be he is very shy. Or it is also possible that he doesn't really like you but only finds you attractive from a distance and is only being nice to you.

• Either lacks the courage to make a move or he's just being friendly.

• Either friendly, or is afraid of rejection. Either way, there's not much you can do with that unless you're into guys who like women to take the lead. Since you haven't approached him, I am assuming that's not what you're into. Move it along.

• Guys tend to be afraid of rejection, just like girls.

• He's just shy and probably isn't getting the signs you are giving him. Why don't you try approaching him after a class and see the vibes he gives.

• Scared of rejection.

• It could be cause he likes you that he's afraid to be rejected.

• Because he is shy like me.

• He probably thinks you wouldn't be interested

What Girls Said 0