He unmatched me on tinder?

So I've had this schoolgirl crush on this guy since I was like 9, he's my best friends cousin and he's certainly got better with age. We don't speak or haven't seen each other in years but we are friends on fb, I have never made a move mainly because it'd be a bit awks. Anyways flicking through tinder yesterday I was greeted with his pic and we matched, I told my best friend and she pursuaded me to message him first, I reluctantly went along to go message him only to find he had disappeared from my match list. Either 1) he unmatched me or 2) he deleted his profile. I couldn't see his profile on the going out with list & I'm not to sure if he has deleted his profile. I'm now wondering if he's not attracted to me at all & matched me by mistake?

What Guys Said 3

• Most people think it's pretty awkward to match with people they know. Either he thought it was weird and unmatched or he deleted his profile. Will say though that this guy must have strong morals to not pursue a girl he likes because it's his cousin's best friend or whatever. If you really want to you could message him on facebook instead and ask what's up.

• Or maybe he does like most and swipes right on everything to see what he gets, then comes back later and goes "oh shit, someone I know just saw me on Tinder!!! Abort abort!

• Just ask him!

What Girls Said 2

• Or maybe he wanted to see if you'd say yes to him. You know because you can't tell what someone has said to you unless you swipe right too.

• i know a lot of people who swipe right for people they know just to see if the other person thought they were attractive. Maybe he knew your interests and thought you wouldn't be compatible?

I kind of did that to a guy i matched. We went to high school together and i thought he was attractive but i knew he was a big partier and player. He messaged me and we talked a bit but he hadn't changed much so i stopped messaging him back.