While in a relationship, is it normal to not talk or text your partner everyday?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Best dating timei had we didn't text much however all my ex gfs we were talking most of the day texting and i always call them before they go to sleep and guess what the girl who i didn't text much turned to be the dating stage i ever had in my life she was loyal and all my exs were playing around i guess texting and calling is not important

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is very much indeed normal! Everyday is not good and it leads to unhealthy attachments, clinginess, and the effects of emotional neglect if that person grows conditioned to it. But it depends on the personality of the person, how does it effect them as people, in their lives overall, etc. Sometimes people need constant attention. But now it depends on how healthy that attention is. I for one can't deal with all of that. It isn't for me. And as an Introvert who very badly needs my space, I can't deal with all of that and the stress I deal with in everyday life. Or else I will feel like I have no peace. However you do need to talk about it and communicate this properly if your anything like me. But when you sense that something is not correct, or abnormal behavior. Confront the problem immediately in an appropriate manner.

What Guys Said 19

• Depends what you mean by "relationship" if you are seeing each other but not exclusive that everyday is too much. If you are in a committed relationship you should be think about that person and want to know how they are doing, even if you can't see them.

Never get involved with anyone that doesn't want to know how your day went.

I hate to admit how much of a big deal this is becoming for me. I don't really see it as a deal breaker, but I do feel uncomfortable about it. I don't like how like the one thing I ask for isn't happening.

Not to be mean, but it should be a deal breaker. If you can't communicate and if that communication is not vital to BOTH of you, the relationship isn't going to work anyway.

Again, Never get involved with anyone that doesn't want to know how your day went.

• Not normal AT ALL for me. Its a very ominous sign unless the person is travelling out of the country or something but in general it takes only 5 seconds to send a text so no excuse for over 24 hours to go by without at least a "Hi! Missing you!" Or "Goodnight, my love **muah**"

Even if you've been with them for a long time? You'd still expect to hear from them?

Well pretty crappy when you put it like that. I still don't know how I feel. I see him like 4 days a week, and that's quite a lot considering our schedules. Also the time we do spend together is great so, maybe I should take that into consideration.

Oh, I almost forgot. Another big reason someone can't text is if they are having 2 relationships at once. Because if they are at the other girls house for example than they can't text.

• You have to understand that people have lives, and if they like you, they'll get back to you when they can.

That's how my last relationship ended. I got upset cause I felt like she was blowing me off. In reality, she was dealing with a family crisis.

Learn from my mistakes.

• Yes, it is normal. It's fine if you don't talk or text each and every day

• Poll results so funny. Women apparently DONT want contact everyday based on these results. 70% right now for women saying no, don't talk or text me everyday. Guys 50/50. Would've thought the other way around... but it is not normal to not talk or text your SO everyday. If she wasn't intouch like that, I would honestly assume she is getting attention/talking to other guys. Not normal in a committed for at all in my book...

• I'm not in relationship and I never will be in relationship. So it's pretty normal for me to not talk or text anyone everyday.

• Well, it shouldn't be.

• I prefer to talk everyday, it keeps me happy but yeah I understand some people like space etc

• Not currently in a relationship, but I'd want to text her at least everyday to see how things are going.

• I think most relationships I've had we would text/talk every day. Even if it's just a "Hope your day is going well!"

• I would think that is normal. But I've never dated.

• I thought it was until I started dating someone who freaked out that I didn't text her for 3 days in a row while I was dealing with a family crisis. Later she dumped me. WTF? Family comes first. If you don't hear from me for a few days, deal with it.

• Yes, i think everyone takes their spells off and on with texting their partner or communicating with them. I think it can become a problem if one doesn't text their partner for days at time.

• Definitely when you live together..

• it depends... some relationships work very well with less contact

• Normal for some. Not normal for me. I also wouldn't accept it. :-P

• because it's compared Deaf is not speak or not text English grammar.

• 0|0
  • Ignoring is not normal. Even not texting back a friend is not normal and really poor behaviour. (Girls sadly often do this)

What Girls Said 14

• It'll depend on what levels of communication are required by both partners. I like to touch base with my boyfriend on a daily basis, even if it's just a text or something. Some of my friends can go days without talking to their boyfriends at all and they're perfectly okay with it.

There's no 'normal'. Everyone has their own norm.

• Yes, and no. Yes, if you are already in long term rs, when you guys alr know each other very well. No, if you just started a fresh rs, because startings always involve with getting to know each other better. If you compare couples who just dated not long ago and a couple who had married for 10 years, the convo will be totally different. Married couples have jobs, from morning till afternoon, sometimes over time later into the night (too busy) and you won't get to text each other often. When you got home you get so tired you just plooped onto the bed and fell asleep (just an eg). Talk a bit everyday is nice, but not texting every hour. That shows that either you or ur partner has nth better to do other than chatting with u. We all have a life out there. Like I always say: balance is important in life, not too much, and not too little, just right will do. :)

But talking is more impt than texting. Proper communication is impt for couples.

• To me it is. My boyfriend and I have been together for 7 months, sometimes we will talk everyday, or maybe one day we might not talk at all, we both have busy schedules I have to leave really early for work so I get really tired and will fall asleep once I get home so I will take a nap because I know my boyfriend is still working, by the time I wake I will see a text message from him and we will talk about our day. But if I know he is with his friends I don't text him because I want him to have fun with his friends, and then afterwards will call or we will video chat

• I think it mostly depends on the situation. Some people do better with less contact than others, and vice versa. I also think that some people get way too clingy and get carried away with it by almost constantly wanting to be in contact (as in for all or most of the day every day).

• It's important for me for us to text everyday. At least act like you care about knowing my day and talking to me here and there.

• Yup. Of course.

• i think communication is extremely important in a relationship

• I would like to talk everyday but I am not going to freak out or think you're rude or ignoring me if you don't talk to me everyday. I talk to my boyfriend maybe 3 times a week.

• It is a mix of yes, and no.
    The least the guy can text and say is "Hey, I hope you have a good day, and I love you."
    Communication is important in a relationship, even if it is just a text like that. ☝

• not texting everyday is normal
    not talking everyday... that depends on circumstances

• Yes, it is
    Im okay for just a day but two days nahh...
    by the way, i never had a partner

• That is normal to me

So like, it's normal to go a day or so without talking?

It all depends on the person. I am a person who does not mind being alone, for my boyfriend knows that he should give me more alone time than someone who just likes to be around her friends all the time or something like that.
      "Good morning" or "good night" is appreciated though

I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years, and the texting seems to have seriously like slowed down. I really wish I didn't care so much.

• Definitely not.

• do you text him in the morning? or night?
    when was the last time you share this with him?
    how do you make plans to see ea. other?