Follow my dream or love?

I want to join the airforce. I just finished my bachelor and want to join as an officer. my girlfriend doesn't want me to go. she says she can't be with me if I go. she had an ex that was in the military and she went through a lot of emotional turmoil before breaking up with him.

I want to join. it's my calling. I have always 2anted to join and go all over the world. I did all the tests and I got the airborne linguistics officer. I want to travel and explore this field. but I do love my girlfriend. what should I do. I already have my mind made up but I need to know if what iam doing is right.

Most Helpful Girl

• A wise person once told me "Even though it may not be easy, if you're making the right decision, you''ll have peace (internal reassurance) about it. If not, it's not the right choice". It's applicable in almost all situations and it's served me well. That doesn't mean you'll be 'calm' but when you reason things out, you'll be 'reassured'. In every relationship there's conflict and compromise. Obviously your girlfriend is drawn to the army type, I mean, dating two guys who are that way focused one after the other?

You've planned your whole life for this. In the same way you want to respect and cherish her by not going she's not respecting and cherishing you by demanding you give up your life dream. If it's something as simple as just wanting to fly planes there are always commercial airlines, but it sounds like something more than that. Some girls reason things out by talking about them or comparing what they have experienced to what they are experiencing. But you need to keep reminding her that you're not her ex and you're willing to go the extra mile to make things work. Even to the point of considering giving up your long held dream. She needs to work through things and come up with some compromises with you. This is her chance to step up in the relationship. If it's not this it'd be something else too. A relationship can't be about one person. It's a team effort.

Most Helpful Guy

• Follow your dreams bud, time is ticking and u will be regretful in the future for not following your dreams cause you will be old enough to can't do it.

Love is unnecessary feeling, you can find love whenever u want aswell, even at age of 60 but you can't join airforce at that age. Everything has a time.

What Girls Said 14

• I think if she truly loves you she has to let you experience it she can't hold you down not to follow your dreams that you worked so hard for only because she's scare. Help me with my question too please

• I think you should follow your dream. If it were me in that situation then I definitely wouldn't give up my dream for my boyfriend. It would just make me resent him in the end.

• Interesting. I was also in a similar situation but I ended up just agreeing with it because at the end of the day, you gotta support someone's dreams if you really love them. We're not together though but yeah I think if she really loves you, she will come around.

• Follow your dreams! 😊 You're still young, just finished your bachelors!!! That's amazing :) Personally I feel like everyone deserves to be happy and believe me, this will definitely put your relationship to the test... but just know that if she truly loves you then she'll be there for you when you return!

• 28d

I understand that you love her but here's the true question: Would you rather live with regret or happiness of pursuing your dream?

• How long were you and her together for?

• Never sacrifice your goals and aspirations for anyone. If they won't support you, they aren't the one for you. You'll end up resenting that person for the rest of your life if you choose them over your dreams.

• She will understand if she really loves you. She shouldn't try to come between you and your dreams, instead she should support them. Never let someone stop you from achieving your dreams.

• I would follow my dreams.

• Career

• Join the army cause your gonna end up regretting it or resenting her and your relationship will end up ending either way and who knows maybe you guys could get back together when you get out

• Follow your dream because you may never get the chance again. If she really loves you she will stick by your side and make it work. Your not married to her so you need to do what's right for your future first.

• Your dreams because if she doesn't support your dreams, she doesn't really love you.

• Dream! Without any regrets. Love you meet many times in your life, really :)

• I hear love is a better way to live through life and that it gives meaning

What Guys Said 5

• Follow ur goals gfs are replaceable and probably she will end it with u anyway because she doesn't want to sacrifice for u to follow what u want dreams are not replaceable

• Follow your dreams. You never know how long the relationship is going to last anyway and if she truly loved you she would want you to follow your dreams!

• Follow your dream. Love is useless.

• DREAM FOR SURE.. DONT PUT ANYONE AHEAD OF YOURSELF

• Flip a coin. If heads turn up choose love. If tails turn up choose your dream. But seriously it's on you to decide between these two. Which one is more important to you?