Would you have an open relationship?

Like, where you and your partner can hook up with other people and it's cool? I used to be against the idea, but after having one and knowing other people who have, I think getting rid of the forbidden fruit takes away the temptation to cheat in the first place (ironically). You can experiment more in the bedroom; you eliminate infidelity as a cause of a break up, and you get to reckon with your own confidence and self-esteem.

• Hell to the naw, to the naw naw naw
  • I'd consider it
  • For sure, no questions asked
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• hell no.
    I've never been tempted to cheat on my boyfriend and if he were to approach me, saying that he wants to try having an open relationship with me to 'take away the temptation', I'd promptly show him the door.
    ps. Allowing each other to fuck anyone is not 'eliminating infidelity'. You're basically just engaging in casual sex as a single individual. Open 'relationships' are a joke, in my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I think at that point the relationship is already fucked.

Also, since girls have a big advantage when it comes to finding hookups, an open relationship in most cases would involve the girl getting fucked by a different guy every week while the guy maybe gets a new girl every month.

What Girls Said 10

• Yep and I wouldn't have it any other way. I also agree with your reasons why. The key for it to work is an even stronger sense of honesty and open communication. If you feel insecure or concerned about anything at all, it is imperative that it is brought up and addressed as soon as possible. There would be no need to visit sites like these and ask "My boyfriend did this. Should I be concerned?" You already are concerned, that's why you're asking. You're also not that close with your boyfriend because you're not talking to HIM about this, and you're asking complete strangers on the interwebs about how to handle something supposedly precious to you.

My partners trust me to use common sense. A relationship is only as strong as the trust and communication utilised within.

• I think it always sounds good... but never works out in practice. Not so much because of feelings and the like but more because often one person wants 'FRIENDS with benefits' and the other person just wants a 'F^CK buddy'. It winds up being nothing but drama.

• Maybe.
    I'm not open to an open marriage, and once we're settled for good as a couple willing to get married, I won't tolerate him seeing another woman. But if we're the dating phase and especially if we are LDR I don't really cares all that much if he sleeps with other women (not ideal though).
    For me, if I don't have a ring on my finger, I can't be claimed and I won't claim him, sooo...

• It eliminates cheating? No. It just makes cheating acceptable. Sleeping with another person is cheating. Having an open relationship is saying that cheating is fine.

• Absolutely not. That just defeats the entire purpose of the intellectual concept of a relationship tbh. If you wanna sleep around do it with a friends with benefits at the max.

• Personally no, I have no need for one and I have a jealous streak a mile long.
    However, it works for some people. I think you'd need to have a rock solid foundation with so much trust and honesty but if it works for them?

• No because I could never be with anyone else and the only reason I would ever sleep with someone or be with them is if I'm in love so I don't think it would ever work and plus if my partner was sleeping around and I wasn't it'd feel awful and it wouldn't work for me. Some people might like it but I'm jealous and I'd like them to be mine and only mine

• Nope nope nope.

• Hell No! I'm not into sharing-or being shared!

• My boyfriend is leaving for the military soon he is a male nurse and will be gone for a couple of years so It would be okay with me if he slept with another girl as long as they used protection and only when he is away. We have not slept together and have only been dating for 2 months

What Guys Said 15

• Hell no.

It's almost never something both partners truly want. Usually it's one partner wanting it and the other reluctantly agreeing to it to keep their relationship. It's usually also massively unbalanced towards the better looking and/or more extroverted partner, or just the woman (who can get sex with good looking people much easier). And there's the people who do this because they're actually not that attracted to their partner and/or don't really respect them that much but want to hold on to the security and familiarity while fucking hot strangers they're more attracted to.

• What is with the millennial thought process?

This defiles the very meaning of a "relationship" in the first place, and therefore should not even be considered to be one. This is just a sorry excuse for people to screw each other without making a commitment to one another.

• Never and any girl I am with who even suggests it I'm gone no tolerance for it.

Besides it doesn't discourage cheating because it is cheating it will only get worse when you allow that kind of stuff and it will still happen when you get married or serious or when you say stop they'll just be more careful about it.

• No. Once I"m committed I wouldn't want my significant other finding someone else developing feelings for them and dumping me.

• Nope! Almost had a 3some with an ex and almost at the last minute she backed out :( I was actually more interested in her and the other girl having fun than anything..

• If a girl want to hook up with other people that's fine, but I'd never commit to anyone that wasn't committed to me completely.

• das fucked up

• No, I don't want any kind of relationship.

• No No No No No No... why even have a relationship at all if that's the case?

• Absolutely not.

• Nope.

• no dude, STD's are far too common and pregnancy is a huge risk as well.

• I would think about it but how do u know your partner is really cool with this?

• I understand all your points but also understand there is real power in intimate committed sex that you can never have in an open relationship.

• 0|0