I kissed my best friend and now he's feeling awkward. What do I do?

I and my best friend Ron had been friends since 3rd grade. We've spent so much time together that everyone used to think we are dating, including our families. We've always thought about each other's as friends. Now that we've gone out to different cities, we met at our hometown after 4 months. Everything was same between us. That day we were driving around the city and having fun. while driving he said let's make out and I said okay stop the car and we started laughing again because we both took it in a joking manner. But a few minutes later we made out. At first I thought it's without feelings but now he's feeling a bit awkward. And I'm in love with him. I guess I've always been in love with him. Never knew. I don't know what to do now. Please help.

1mo If he's says a no to dating I'm sure it'll ruin our friendship. I'm confused and lost. I don't want to lose him. Ever.

Most Helpful Guy

• That sounds like something in a romantic movie. It doesn't have to be weird. You both obviously have deeper feelings for each other.

How should I get to know his side of the story? Whether he feels the same or not?

You could always put yourself out there and just tell him how you feel (thereby putting the ball in his court). That's scary, though, I know. But since you guys go back so far together this thing sounds like the chemistry just ought to take over and you end up together. Without either one overthinking it.

• 4d

thank you for MH Guy opinion!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you two should talk out your feelings towards one another and see if he feels the same way. If he doesn't want to date or doesn't feel the same way, try and not make a big deal out of it. Whatever he say accept it, don't try and force him into what you want. If he does like you and want to date fantastic! just take it slow at first and see how things go from there.

What Guys Said 1

• Simply start dating then and flirting more stuff like that don't make it awkward cause you guys got what you need! Good luck

What Girls Said 2

• to face him

• You two have known each other for a long time. Just be open with him. Tell him that you have feelings for him and that you would like to pursue a relationship with him and see what he has to say. If he says no, then give him an exit, tell him that's ok with you and that it's important to you that you at least just stays as friends. When yuo get it out on the table, it won't be nearly as tough as keeping it all in.