Can you help me find a date?

Maybe you guys and girls can post some helpful my takes, or have any ideas that could help

Maybe I could meet up with some of you guys.
nothing big, just a meet and greet, somewhere very public like a coffee shop or restaurant, Just to talk, and it does not have to go beyond that.
Guys or Girls. I like meeting new people and getting to know them. The contact information can be as simple as messaging on here,
and just picking a time and meet up place I have a feeling this effort could be a dud, but I willing to give it a shot.
Can you help me find a date?

I have tried online dating and have a charile brown experience

I reach out to people on the site and nobody reaches back (even during paid subscriptions)

I don't drink so I don't go to bars

All I want is to be able to have more social opportunities, I would hope at least a couple people could relate to that...

27d Meetup. com is a great answer. I used my 750 xper points on this question, so I would be interested in maybe a couple more ideas if possible

Most Helpful Girl

• I can relate. I moved across the county alone for grad school. Making a new group of friends was incredibly hard. What eventually helped me was Meetup. com I was able to find young people in my area with similar interests. Going to my first potluck might be the hardest thing I've done. It's taken a while for the friendships to build, but it was definitely worth it. Dating was easier with a support group.

• 27d

I have tried that before, but it is worth trying again. It's probably the best luck i've had so far. Maybe there have been some new groups started up, since the last time I checked.

• 27d

The only other thing I can think of is to look up and go to some local community lectures. I know my grad school offers lectures every month on psychology and art therapy. Something similar might be a good place to meet people with common interests.

I really hope you look at meet up again. New groups are added everyday. How about an open game night for young people? Check out Pilsen Board Game Meetup
      http://meetu.ps/c/2BClj/p7b3R/a

Once you feel more confident and supported I'm sure dating will go more easily.

• 26d

Thank you so much, that really does help out a lot! you have been so helpful!

Most Helpful Guy

• Chances are no one who sees this will live close enough to meet up with you.

• 27d

I did not get many responses to people living in Chicago, so I am going to assume, you are right

• 27d

with a prior question I asked

What Girls Said 2

• Go out with a couple of friends. Maybe they can introduce you to mutual friends and you'll hit it off. You never know. Maybe you can find someone at a coffee shop or just shopping at the store. Keep your eyes out for that. Maybe try some dating sites. Nowadays people find their boyfriend or girlfriend there. Just be safe and make sure to FaceTime and do all that before you meet up with them. Tinder and other dating apps is too

• 26d

I have seen a couple of girls today. How should I engage them? I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable. That has been a worry of mine. How do I know that they are willing to talk?

• 26d

That is great advice! I've never thought about it from that angle before. Use the non-verbal cues before moving forward with a conversation. Thank you for the advice!

• 26d

Yeah of course. No problem:)

• There should be events that you are interested in or activities that you do or want to try out... where you can meet likeminded people

What Guys Said 1