Why am I pathetic over him?

he treats me like I don't matter to him
he doesn't make effort to see me
he ignores my texts a lot
doesn't really care about me
he criticizes how I look even though he later tells me I'm perfect
he never says anything sweet anymore
he leaves me hanging
he breaks my heart over and over

so why do I allow him to hurt me? I don't know why I do this to myself but I don't know how to stay away because I love him and I need advice on how to snap out of this because he's toxic and this just hurts

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you're in love with him, I think you're in love with the idea of him\ obsession. He is a jerk plain and simple. he isn't treating you with respect. He is immature. I think you want him to love you back or have hope he will but he won't. You might have this hope he will change but he won't. He isn't worth your time. I would cut him out of your life. Stop talking to him. delete him off any social media. I use to "love" a guy but he just ended up hurting me over and over and I was blinded by my obsession and realized after how silly I was. You gotta work on your self esteem and confidence. Don't let no man treat you like this guy did. You deserve so much more, hun.

he says he does love me back but he doesn't really act like it and I'm just tired of bending over backwards over a man that makes me depressed more than smile

@Truthatanycost that's meannnn

That's just the raw truth. When someone spends time with what's bad for them, even when they end it, they absorb some of that bad energy and it prevents them from being free to absorb the good.

What Guys Said 2

• Val?

• Cause you're a woman.

What Girls Said 2

• He will eventually do something that will make you hate him.

I don't know how long it's been going on for but mine was 3 years.

• Been there hun. Love makes you do stupid things. But you need to weigh up the cons. And realise you need to protect yourself as no one else will