My crush likes me, but doesn't want to date me because I'm too nice?

So I've been talking to this girl for almost a year, but ever since the start of the summer, she's mostly stopped talking to me. I assumed she lost interest in me, so I started trying to move on, until she saw me again about a month ago, and she acted like we were dating. However, now she's avoiding me again, and so i asked her best friend what's going on when I saw her a few days ago. According to her, the girl I like thinks I'm attractive, but doesn't want to date me because I'm "too nice". Is this a real thing, or is she just not into me, and wants to let me down easy?

What Girls Said 2

• That's so messed up. Tell her to go find a jerk then. Stay nice because one day a woman will really appreciate that about you.

• Honestly, I think she is attracted to you but doesn't see herself with you. Just try to move on :)

What Guys Said 2

• Its that friendzone shit just move on. And yea thats a thing, you probably agreed with her on everything even when you didn't girls notice that, she might think that your a bitch, would you really want a girl that would say YES TO EVERYTHING , and agree with you on everything, my point is that is boring, do not be afraid to have a different opinion even tho she might not like it, be confident. She probably looks at you like best friend material, staying around her and keep texting her will just validate all that i said, show her you dont need her, once you stop texting her and looking for her SHE WILL COMEBACK, when she does do not commit the same mistakes and show her you can hold your ground, or if you dont want her anymore just move on that would be my advice.

• 27d

But when I don't text her, she doesn't seem to care. Like we went almost 3 months over the summer without exchanging a single message, and the next time I see her, she kisses me. And now we haven't seen each other in about a month, and even though I'm not texting her, she isn't texting me either. Like I don't consider myself to be constantly agreeing on everything, or to be super clingy, otherwise I'd agree with you

• 27d

Hm i get what you mean, from what you said i kinda get the impression that she uses you when she is lonely or just when you guys are together man, it is a hard thing to do but just move on... and learn from it , she doesn't seem like a good person tbh, in that time she isn't texting you she is probably texting and hanging out with other guys, just leave, dont text her or anything like that , go get yourself a better girl.

• I tell you what.. most girls like bad guys... start being a jerk to girls and use them... After all that's what they want anyways...