Would you be annoyed if you found out the person you were dating but not exclusive with was doing the same with other people?

I broke up with my boyfriend recently and there's this guy that I've known for ages and we're going on a date next week, but there's this other guy as well and he's asked me to come out with him on his motorbike the day after. It's not a date but he might get the idea I like him or something, and the thing is I don't want people to NOT think that if I actually do, because I'm not yet exclusive with someone. But then I feel a bit bad because the guy I'm going on a date with probably thinks he's the *only* one!
But don't get me wrong, I wouldn't do anything with anyone at the moment. A kiss would be the furthest it would go, and even then it wouldn't mean we're together of course. I'm just wanting to keep my options open during this dating stage so I can work out who I truly like.
thoughts?

What Guys Said 16

• Yeah I would be really turned off, especially if they had progressed further with the other guys. Like if she's already fucking or exchanging nudes with someone else but she still has me at the non-sexual, paying to take her out stage, then I would lose interest in her completely.

• Well I'll tell you this: It's not wrong to date multiple people if you're not exclusive. That being said, maybe I'd be pissed if that happened to me I don't know.
    But yeah totally ok to go on several first and second dates with people because honestly, if you've got options you gotta use them to find the best one.

• One person. Period, unless you like the idea of them going around with other women because your not "exclusive"? Its kind of like saying your kind of interested but not really. Your half assing it and quite frankly no one wants that, in fact that's really just setting things up for failure because you have already convinced yourself the relationship isn't serious enough for your full attention now why would it be later?

• Nope. I am much too arrogant to worry about her being interested in other men. They are just placeholders until she realizes I'm the best pick.

I do want those other people gone before we progress too much though. As will most people.

• No I wouldn't (title) since we aren't exclusive.

I'd actually take myself out of the equation of the gal I was interested in was already "seeing someone" (but not an official couple).

• Dates are just dates... I'll just say, if you aren't really into it and the guy himself, it will usually come off that way. So if he stops calling you, don't be surprised.

• If not made clear on the dating exclusive or not. You should discuss that with him. If you led him on to think so, then yes he has the right to be upset. Would you be upset if he was going out on other dates with girls?

• That's totally fine. You are a single girl. Go out with as many guys and you are interested in and decide if any of them are worthy of a kiss or a relationship.

• Your situation is different from the question you asked.. In your case it is ok.

• Yeah I'd be a little upset

• Just choose the best one, you already know who is he 🎯

• What would i do? Be sure to wear condoms.

• 27d

As I said, I don't do anything sexual with any of them.

• You should be up front with them and tell them that you aren't exclusive until you specifically tell them you are. Tell them before you kiss them.

• This is why I don't waste my time dating, everyone is too busy fooling around with each other.

He's probably doing the same anyway, you may think you are the only one but any guy with even the basic amount of sense nowadays knows all girls are dating multiple guys so they do the same with you!

• I just figure she's "dating"

• Hmm.. let the poor bastard go and don't use him. You don't really like him.

• 27d

That's not true. I do like him, but it's early days and I don't want to pass the opportunity to go out on one date with another person if they ask me, because I might find I REALLY like them.
      As I said I wouldn't do anything with any of them so it's not like I'm sleeping around, and I'd only do it up until the first/second date, then I'd tell one of them I just wanna be friends.

• 27d

No you don't your choosing him as a rebound to get over your ex. You do not like him. You may think you but you don't. Believe me cut the poor boy loose so he can find a woman who actually likes him.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't date like that. If I find out he's dating other people even though we're not exclusive, bye bye. I don't want anything to do with you.

• I only date one person at a time. However if we weren't exclusive, then I wouldn't blame him for dating more than one person.

• Make sure they know you are dating and not seeing any one of them singly. It's hard to be honest sometimes, but if you feel they may think that you are dating just them, best to let them know.

• I would be very annoyed. Even if you're not officially anything. But I don't know if its because I'm very jelous... I have been texting this guy for months, we haven't gone out on a date but I do get annoyed when I see snapchats of him with other girls or I see girls commenting on his pictures

• Keep doing what you're doing. That's what dating is for, you aren't exclusive. I've always been up front with my dates that we aren't exclusive unless we've had that conversation.