Girls, do you want your man to pay for you on a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Might wanna make this a "girls only" commentary... cuz im pretty happy to say that unless i specifically made the invite... i don't pay for jack shit for a woman. the only thing i spend is time. but if i invited and disrupted a schedule... i don't mind taking the monetary kick...
    women want equality right? here's to equal *takes a shot*

^ I agree with this

word my brotha, thanks for the advice, and fuck all that payin for girls shit.

@WODSE well, im glad i can help the younger generation. Don't make the mistakes i made. and don't read those idiotic dating books ESPECIALLY if they were written by a woman :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah. My boyfriend and I just split it so we either pay for our own or one pays one time then the other pays the other time. I'm happy with that, I don't want to be dependent on him for money.

What if he invited you?

Meh, even if he invites me, I like to split it or take turns. I don't really want him to pay for me even if he's the one who asked me.

What Guys Said 5

• No poll? 😒

• Im broke so...

• i dont know whats so hard about looking at the bill, identifying what you ate, and paying for what you ate. then he looks at the bill, identify what he ate, and pay for himself. why is that so difficult

• I think who ever plans the date should pay.

• I would prefer that the girl usually paid. I want her to be the man in the relationship.

R u submissive?

@Linda2233 Not normally, like around friends or at work, but in a relationship, I would very much like to be submissive almost all the time and the girl be dominant, both physically (slapping me, making me kiss her butt, feet, etc) and I want her to be more dominant outside of the intimacy stuff too. I would like her to be the primary financial support for our family (I would work part time for my own spending money) I would primarily take care of the kids, clean the house, do her laundry, stuff like that. I only need to make decisions for the few things that are most important to me, and the rest of the time she could be the boss in our home. Eventually to the point that I have to ask her permission before going somewhere without her. I would like that, but there are very few girls actually into it for a real caring relationship, and not to just use the guy.

What Girls Said 16

• I prefer paying for my own if possible but, if not, I'd rather go Dutch. Most of the time, they end up insisting on paying.

• I'd like him to offer as a sign of respect, but I'd prefer it to be equal when paying. For example, he pays for a date, I pay for the next date or I pay for movie tickets, he pays for snacks.

• I feel way more comfortable when I pay for myself.
    So nah, unlike some of my female friends, I do not want men to pay for me.

If he invited you?

I mean I usually prefer to split, but If I have no money that time and he still invites me even though that I tell him I have no money , then It means he pays and I am not against it. Just I prefer me to pay for myself, It feels better for me.

• I don't think it matters at all. I would pay all of it, half of it or let him pay. I don't know why it's such a subject. Same when I go with my friends, if I have more cash, I pay for the group, when I'm broke, they pay for me. It's a sign of solidarity and complicity. My wallet is yours, yours is mine but of course we have to be moderate. I'll def do the same with a guy, even if it's the first date.

• Yeah, I'm broke af.

• no. women say the guy should pay bc of all the time& money she outs into personal grooming.

id prefer the guy show up freshly shampood , waxed , nicely dressed, smelling like vanilla body balm... We can both pay our own way.

• Whoever extended the invitation pays, if the relationship furthers then take turns or go Dutch

• No, I don't mind paying for my own things, and I'd feel bad anyway since I can't accept money without a damn good reason. But now my guy is intending on paying for our moviedate and I'm like I feel so bad

• First date he asks me on yes. After that we can alternate.

• It's nice when he does. Sometimes I'll go Dutch treat or my treat.

• I don't need help, I pay for myself

• I mean, yeah because I'm broke af.
    But not because he's a man..

• it's natural here
    and i'm not into equality either

• I'd be sweet if he offered but I wouldn't expect him to pay its not his job to pay for me

• It depends. Maybe not on the first date and not all the time of course.

• sometimes