Is your boyfriend/girlfriend's appearance important for you?

Appearance can affect how much you're attracted to a person in addition to smell, personality, behavior, clothing/hair style etc. But I'm curious at how many of you who thinks appearance is very important. I wouldn't date or having a romantic/sexual relationship with someone I doesn't find physical attractive.

• Yes (Explain why, please)
  • No (Explain why, please)
  • It depends (Please explain how and why)
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted A, not because I expect my partner to be 100% perfect (which is damn near impossible anyway), but because there are some things that are REALLY important, if I'm going to be kissing them or doing other things.
    Personal hygiene is a must. 'Nuff said.
    What you wear is your own choice- but if your clothes are dirty, please wash them (back to personal hygiene).

And just yeah, general cleanliness. I get that you can't be pristine 100% of the time, but I don't necessarily want to making out with someone covered in grease or drenched in sweat, you know? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. I can't be in a relationship with a girl I don't find attractive. That's actually lying to myself and I couldn't do that to her

What Girls Said 28

• It depends, I'm obviously already attracted to him because he's my boyfriend but it is important that he keep up his appearance. Each time I see him I put in effort to look good for him. If he just stops trying to look nice for me it's going to make me feel bad about myself. Like I'm not important enough for him to try, or to want to continue to incite romance. I'll always love him, but people want to feel valued and the small things are really important.

• It has a certain level of importance to me, but not quite so heavily as it did in the beginning. Like, if he gained a little bit of weight or if he has a few bum days where his hair is fucked and he's dressed like a slouch - I'm not about to be turned off like I would if I was first getting to know him. Once you really love and care about somebody you see beauty even in their worst state of being.

• I need to have a physical attraction to them. Also biology - I would want my children to be attractive. However what one person finds sexy is different from another person. But it's not most importamt thing if someone was a jerk but really attractive i wouldn't stay with them... respect triumps over appearance.

• Personality is important!

But so is appearance. Appearance is what attracts you to the person in the first place.

• It's important to the point that I'm attracted to him. But usually, personality strengthens my attraction to them. Also, if I don't like their personality, it won't work. I need a combo of being attracted to his looks and his personality.

• I never cared very much to be honest. Once I like him, everything about him will be seen in a better light. However, I do want cute babies. And I worry about their looks, what if I'm not pretty enough to make cute babies... :/ I wasn't a fat baby... I was premature and never gained enough weight for fat cheeks... what if he can't override my skinny baby genes and give me a plump one.

• The initial attraction is mostly what matters for me, because it brings me in. After that, the attraction is 90% mental.

• Physic is important, I must be attracted to him but he doesn't have to be fit beauty standard or anything. I just should think he look great.

• Yeah it's important to be physically attracted to your partner.

• I certainly like how he looks lol

• It is. He doesn't have to be a 10 out of 10 tho.

• Of course it is, if I'm not physically attracted to them to begin with there isn't even gonna be a relationship at all and if they let themselves go once we are in a relationship and take me for granted I'd seriously consider breaking up.

• Well I have preferences as anyone else

• I wouldn't date someone I'm not physically attracted to. Sometimes personality makes a difference but physical attraction is important to me. I like to think I'm fit, I play sports and gym n all so I want a partner that values fitness too.

• They need to look clean and tidy and smell good am pretty sure no body wants to have a boyfirend or girlfriend that smell

• As long as they're not awkwardly shorter than me and/or unbearable to look at, it's fine, but it's always a plus if he's handsome. ;) Appearance is at the bottom of my list though.

• Your boyfriend/girlfriend should be your lover. Or else, why aren't they just your really good friend? So yes, you want to be attracted to them, it's better for both of you. Of course, looks aren't everything.. as time progresses, people lose their looks.

• To a certain extent.

• I got with someone cus I wanted to get my v card out of the way. I didn't find them attractive and have since learned from that.

• It is a bit important because I want to have nicd looking children. I don't care how good lppkonf he is, just as long as he is.

• 28d

Nice point raised that you want nice looking man because you want your kids to have nice genes !!
      This makes me think one situation, what if a man is very very hairy, he can/should shave wax laser and what not to look normal , attract women and pleasing but he still would be able to pass on his hairy fur genes to his kids
      It means such a man is totally out of question?

• No.
    I am sapiosexual
    Sapiosexual guys pm ;)

• Not gonna lie, but how my boyfriend looked got him a second glance from me and his personality made him stay. Most people search for people on the same level of attractiveness...

• i only care about my looks
    don't really care for his

• looks aren't everything but I do care. My boy has a medium build and a lot of lean muscle which I prefer. His messy hair, brown eyes, and jaw muscles just seal the deal<3

• before i knew my boyfriend really well, i always found him to be not good-looking and noticed his flaws. but after we got together, he seems really cute to me. i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• As long as you're wealthy, and can take care of me financially, then i don't care.

• Yes, but guys I find cute are guys most girls don't and vice versa.

• Yes. Because you want to be happy and if that's what you look for then go ahead

What Guys Said 8

• As long as they're not down right ugly and are doing things to improve their appearance, it wouldn't be an issue.

• Yes it is very important to me.

• Combination of appearance and personality. But sure yes, she should be above average or at least average. (So appearance is important) But it is hard to explain. it's more like, why would I ever have a girlfriend (whenever I have) who is ugly?

• Of course it is. A disproportionate face indicates lack of nutrients during pregnancy and early childhood. Shitty nails skin and hair indicates again lack of certain nutrients. Lack of muscle mass indicates an inactive couch potato lifestyle.

• I would not be able to be in a relationship with someone I am not attracted to.

• No because I was never interested in having a boyfriend/girlfriend. I never will have a boyfriend/girlfriend because I'm an aromantic asexual. I will never be sexually/romantically involved with someone regardless of their appearance.

• 50/50.

• only 53% of women were honest...(we all know most men will screw any woman)