I get turned down for being shorter than most guys?

In my country (Sweden) guys reject girls who are shorter than them with heels. I am only 5'4" without heels and 5'10" with heels. It is shorter than most guys in here and it sucks. Is there any way to appear taller except heels? I am 22 years old.

1mo Why guys in sweden are damn shallow
1mo I think in NA guys like shorter girls more :D

Most Helpful Guy

• it's hard to believe you're rejected for your height cuz height isn't that important to guys and 5'4" isn't that short.

In sweden, there is a norm that girls should be taller with heels.

Most Helpful Girl

• Come to America where women are worshipped for being small and adorable while I go to Sweden where I can rock heels, be the same height as a guy, and be attractive. It can suck to be 5'8 and wanna wear heels without intimidating a guy. Let's trade lives.

What Guys Said 16

• guys in america like swedish chicks. even an average girl there is usually hot shit over here ;) and even so, u can always get bigger heels lol. go balls to the walls. get some like 6" heals or something. that is weird though that they like girls to be taller over there lol.

• Just move somewhere in North America.

• Damn that is hot AF. Im coming over!

• 6" heels? God damn woman. Slut it uuuuup. Come here and you can be my girlfriend.

That is the highest heels I have (and exist I think) but I am still shorter than most guys when I wear them and it cause rejections generally. They feel weird with shorter girls.

So do i

Why?

• Come to America. You'll have to beat the guys off with a stick

• Iam pretty sure your height is not the issue at all, call me dumb or stupid but i really dont see how thats even relevant.

In Sweden, there is a cultural norm that girls should be taller than the man with heels. It is sign of "confidence and success" for man to have taller girls

yeah... iam not buying in there is somethig else

• Any shorter guys ins Sweden?

With my heels? Nope, they are mostly taller than 5'10"

• So, in Sweden, guys prefer to date girls who are taller than them?

You're in the wrong country.

Yeah I have herard in US guys prefer girls shorter than them :D sounds like heaven to me

Do the Swedish girls like to be taller than the guys they're dating?

Well, they dont seem to care as guys. Height is what guys consider, not girls.

• tables have turned

• That's sad. I'm sorry to hear that.

• In USA size of a women does not matter.

• pink anon flood... you dudes that bored?

• are Swedish men really like this? thats actually really shallow of them.

Yeah. It is very important for majority of swedish man that girl should be taller than them with heels. I think it shows confidence of something? I dont know but many of them rejects girls shorter than them with heels.

that sucks. they dont know what they are missing out on.

:)) thanks
      Why swedish men are such shallow :(

• tiptoe

• Too bad your not from Canada I'd date you

• Move to North America

I think in NA guys like shorter girls? :D

What Girls Said 2

• well I'd never make it in Sweden. I'm only 5'1... all I can say is stelletos

• I know this phenemon with swedish men that they reject shorter girls but I am sure it is not true for all of them. I am sure there are some who does not care if you are shorter than them even with heels.