When your girlfriend/boyfriend takes forever to reply to your texts, does it make you really mad?

Most Helpful Guy

• Only when one girlfriend told me that i had to be okay with waiting up to 72 hours for her to text back. We were long distance, and I thought 3 days without even so much as a "How was your day" was not something I was into.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes...
    I have Dated and Mated Some Text Toms Today... Who only Reply when They find the Time. Or yes, "Forever" and it's Like Putting you on a Bad Boy Back Burner.
    Even though you are Dating, Maybe Mating, it is always Best from the Rest to Tell them Right off the Bat... Where it is At.
    Play Hard ball and all. Try Taking "Forever to Reply" to a Guy, and See how they like it, Maybe they just Might Throw a Fit.
    Good luck and Thanks for the Kind Invite. xx

What Guys Said 12

• Only when one of two things happens, 1: I'll be having a conversation, and then they just drop off and stop messaging (not like an hour, I mean a day or so). 2: When they don't text back, but clearly have read the message and are purposely ignoring it. I also wouldn't say I get mad so to speak, more of annoyed, seeing as if I can't get back to them right away its like all hell broke lose.

• For sure because it means that they're playing games or don't have the respect to simply reply to a message.

If they're busy then sure no problem, but if its like a day that passes by without an answer to a question you sent them, I'm sure that the person could have taken 1 minute to type some kind of answer.

• when i used to have a girlfriend, yes it did made me very mad

• When I have a g/f, no it wouldn't. Time and space. Just reply within 24 hours

Don't you feel suffocated when they always want to know where you are, what you're doing, and constantly want to talk to you?

@Avery18 that wasn't in the OP's question

Yes it would though. Hopefully I'd find out relatively fast. I couldn't stand a person like that TBH

• No because I know they'll get back to me at some point.

• No. She will reply when she's not busy..

• No. I don't feel bad about it.

• Nope. I know they still need their space and time to do things.

• Yes if the thing is important and need a speedy reply

• depends.

• Sometimes it depends on what or when in the day. How long are you talking about?

Maybe more than 10hours or whatever and they are still online.

Yeah that can be annoying. Maybe don't be so available for them all the time as childish as tgat sounds.

• No, but I get annoyed if they stop replying in the middle of a conversation and then I gotta text again like a day or 2 later.

What Girls Said 25

• Immediate needs are for phone calls
    Not so urgent are for texting
    Take your time thoughtful messages = email
    Other (obvious) = USPS/UPS/FedEx
    ... so NO! not mad, just concerned his life got that busy or hectic... as professionals, we usually prefer to savor alone time conversations after work.

• No they could be really busy trust me. I am not mad at anyone and I haven't texted anyone since Friday because I was busy. Or it could be the other thing; sorry this might hurt but might not be true. He might think your boring to text or not like texting at all so when they see ur message they ignore it and then later they see the notification and are like oh I forgot to reply, lemme do it later or they do it then.

Haha I wouldn't worry about it, hey in return take forever to text back as hard as it sounds. I like my crush and he knows and he said he kinda liked me too. But it took him like 2-4 hours to answer back to one of my texts, even if I replied straight away and I always see him with his phone. But it has been a whole week since he replied and I saw him on his phone today and still no reply. I think he doesn't like me tbh :(

• Um when we're trying to solve an issue yes it does, there has been times when issues have taken days because him responding is so sllooowwwwwwwwww -_-
    Otherwise not at all.

• I view texting as more of an email instead of instant talking. If you want instant responses, call. Text is for convenient subtle communication when you have time to answer back like in between class or during break at work. I also use it for the other person not to forget what I tell them and for a written record.

• It depends. I usually only get annoyed at people who do this if they read my message, and go online on whatsapp several times afterwards while ignoring my message each time. Then again my boyfriend is not really like that, I don't think he has ever done that before to me. If it takes forever then I know for a fact he's busy, and he doesn't use whatsapp/facebook when he's really busy. So it's not like he's ignoring me on purpose. I don't get mad at him for being busy.

• I hate it when they answer with ok. I didn't write 4 fucking paragraphs so you can just answer with okay.

• well that kind of depends.

If we know each other very well, then I would know he is busy etc
    Or if he is like me, then we would be those who texts in gap or something like that as in, there is time gap in between like maybe I would text at 10am but he is sleeping, or just busy, and he would text back after 2 or even 5 hours later.

But then we would also have those quick texts here and tehre for 10 mins, etc

I would only get mad if I feel like he is talking to someone else/ ignoring me.

• Of course. And I'm the one that usually takes forever to reply😂

• YES. ugh

• only if I'm sure he's not busy

• I do get impatient. But, it's not a big deal, they don't have to respond right away. I know I don't like to respond to anything right away cause I don't like to feel like I have to attend to my phone 24/7

• No it doesn't bother me I'm slow to reply myself.

• No not at all.

• No, because my life doesn't revolve around my S/O.

• no, i do that

• Yeap. It gets on my last nerves lol

• It depends but I have it when that person is busy opens the message and don't reply

• If they're busy then obviously not, it's unreasonable

• Nope because I know he's busy

• I got anxious, lol

• I'm that person who takes forever to reply sometimes

• I don't give a damn after waiting too long. He will be ex

• No cause i know they have other things to do too. Unless theyre not doing anything then i would be concerned.

• Yes because i feel like if he is taking forever to respond back to me then someone else has his attention but then again you never know what he has going on. We have to remember that we're not their #1 priority even though we want to be.

• how forever you talking about?
    if it's +12hr, bothers me. but I wouldn't be really mad though..
    still I would talk to him about it