Would a guy realistically wait a year until we took things to a physical level?

Seems like no guys have the patience to wait for me :P

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm only talking about the good men that don't think sex is the most important thing in a relationship. A year is a long time, but it's a very short period of time when you compare it to the many years you may end up spending with that person. Men and women can take care of themselves while waiting for however long it takes you to be ready. One thing you will know is that the guy you are with really wants you and that it's not because of sex. Those who "have to have sex" are not very mature.

Most Helpful Girl

• He has no other choice with me but to wait tehee :)
    It filters out the guys who don't have honest and serious intentions with me.

That's what I think :)

@amphet11 No I come from a traditional society.

Traditional as in religious though

What Guys Said 53

• Well, there are guys out there who have a diaper fetish, so it would seem that there's a guy for everything.

Wow, comes to something when waiting for someone is mentioned in the same category as diaper fetishes. Sad really.

I didn't mean it like that lol I myself was once in a LDR for 1.5 years so there are definitely guys who'd wait.

• If she's a virgin, then maybe.

If she's had sex with other guys in under a month and wants me to to wait a year then I am not interested.

• I'm waiting till I get married to have sex but it depends what you mean by physical. When I like a girl I enjoy touching her. Like holding her hand, hugging her, having her lean on me...

• Why would we?
    There is no good reason that would justify taking so much time. I am sure I can find a woman with a great personality who will be willing to have sex much earlier.
    Do you think you are so great that you may be worth waiting such a long time?
    Just trying to be realistic here. Not trying to hurt you or anything.

That's ridiculous 😂 It's not about thinking I'm so great that I have to test guys to wait that long, it's about building a strong enough connection and feeling fully ready in myself to introduce that physical aspect into a relationship. It wasn't so long ago that it was the norm to wait until marriage; it's really not such a shocking concept. 🙄

When I said hypothetical world, I meant in a world where all other criterias are met. Meaning, in a world where this would be the only thing keeping us apart.

Thanks for making me feel old though lol

• Too be honest it all depends on the guy but considering how most guys are they won't be able to wait. I think giving something time is key because, it just shows that the person is committed.

• It is definitely a possibility.

• Some will, but not most. The key is to find the right guy.

Would I personally wait a year for intercourse? For the right woman I think I would. But I'd want to do other things in the meantime.

• Why tho? what is the reason? girls need to stop with this idea that just cause you do certain things in a phsyical level you worth less as a woman , NO it doesn't, you might be losing someone just because you care more about what other people gonna think about you than what your boyfriend or husband thinks of you, i mean waiting sure we can wait a couple weeks/months after dating and stuff but a year? Hell no, no disrespect tho I can see why you would want to do, you dont want the guy to just get what he wants and leave and stuff but still, waiting is fine as long as it isn't such an extended period of time and you must have a great reason to do so.

• If i truly loved the girl thent yes i would

• I am not too familiar with your situation but I can say that I don't think that a time limit should be put on whether or not a relationship should take another step. If you feel like a year is necessary for you to feel comfortable to take it to another level than you should do that for yourself.

• I certainly would if I really fell for a girl. Love > the wait

• It's a possibility, would depend on the situation.

• I could wait for a year on one condition: you accept I have a fuck buddy or friend with benefits. Otherwise your proposal is a deal breaker.

• Like sex or just kissing/making out? have to be more specific lol.

Oh like sex :p

True :) it'll happen for us one day aha

:) Indeed one day.

• There are. I waited 2 years with my ex and ended up getting burned even though I did everything for her. (And according to everyone I know I could potentially have done better )

You seem to be at the age though where guys are afraid of commitment. I've had friends literally tell me (when I was dating my ex), get in her and get out of your relationship.

Keep your guards up, Im sure you'll eventually find someone who will wait for you.

Nice guys finish last.

Well I wouldn't call it a waste of time then, I'm sure you learned things and had fun times and shitty times too. I'd brand it an experience. Something mildly bad yet yo wouldn't change it

• yeah I would cause I loved her so much.

• I think it depends on what kind of guy you're with. If he respect your decision to wait a year and he is nice to you then he might be a keeper, who knows? I'm sure there are a lot of guys like that out there. You just haven't found that yet. Keep looking :)

• Have you had sex before?

Well it's not like I have a fixed one year rule but it would be a long time like that time frame.

Oh thats not so bad... Im a virgin also and would love to lose it to a girl in the context of a beautiful relationship. I think you have a great idea, but I've even been laughed at by females lol. Single moms at that...

Fuck stick to your guns while enjoying your life and if you fee tired waiting jump at the first opportunity that comes by just be safe and all...

• Its rare.

• *reads the comments*

Told ya :p

• Definitely, if you love someone, everything else can be put on hold... In my opinion

• What is your definition of physical level?

• I think a year is a little too long. But this entirely depends on what you mean by physical level. Eg, kissing/cuddling? If I had to a wait a year for that I'd not be happy at all.

• i'm waiting, too.

• That's too long, I wouldn't wait.

• At this age, i would not.

• Guys like to have fun. There's no good reason to wait a whole year for some fun xD why do girls put sex on a pedestal so much?

• I seriously doubt it. If you end up not being sexually compatible then you've wasted a whole year of your life.

That's the most shallow b. s. I've heard. The only sexual "incompatibility " would be if one of the people had a freaky fetish that the other couldn't tolerate. Anything else can be worked with. Sex is PIV there isn't much incompatibility there unless your gay.

Shallow in my opinion

@sexyhunterchick everythings probably shallow to you from what I gather
      I don't accept your view.

• the longest i would ever wait would be 6 months. no longer than that. i dont want to hear the not ready bullshit. if she's not ready for sex then that implies she can't handle the intimacy that comes with it so she doesn't really love me.

I think that's a ridiculous statement.

What reason can there be for loved ones to wait exactly a year no longer no shorter? It is a ridiculous test of some sort rooted in insecurity.

• no way unless he's a virgin himself. You're significantly narrowing your pool of guys here. Try those hardcore Christian guys, they'll wait.

• More from Guys
    23

What Girls Said 9

• Most guys won't wait. We live in a sex crazed world where everyone is sleeping around. And its promoted through music and TV. Its good that you aren't quick to give it up and if you do decide the time is right. Make sure the guys isn't in it just to sleep with you and move on. And sometimes thats hard to figure out

• A guy who shares your values will. But you can't expect most guys to want to wait. It's just not the norm.

• If that's how long you want to wait anyone who deserves you will wait. It wouldn't be easy but if it's what you want they will respect it. I don't care what any of these guys say. Of course none of them would want to but good ones will

• I mean... it took six months before i slept with my boyfriend, and that was due to him not being ready, rather than the other way around. So its definitely possible.

• Maybe it's just the opinion of a horny teenager here but if you're dating and you do nothing but kiss occasionally you might as well just be really good friends 😂😅 don't do anything you don't want to do... but don't expect a guy to wait forever. If he's willing to wait, that definitely proves his intentions are pure though. But the physical stuff is fun, as long as you're safe 😁

• Some take it slower

• It's unlikely, but possible.

• We waited four years before doing anything sexual.

• Whore guys won't stick around, but it sounds like you have standards so you don't want them. Good for you, don't settle for being used and then dumped. Serious guys who actually want more than sex will wait for you