Does sex on the first date ALWAYS mean no relationships?

everyone has this idea that waiting for sex will equal relationship. for me I think it's backwards, wouldn't you want to have sex with someone you actually want to be with asap? my current girlfriend of a year and half I had sex with on the first date. why? because I really liked her and wanted to be with her asap. even she thought I didn't want a relationship at first.

has anyone ever had sex on the first date and then had a successful relationship? or is that just me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there would be no relationship, but I guess it depends on the other person. That's why I like to know their intentions first, so no one waste time. If you wanna hook up on the first date, you tell me that. I won't get angry. However, I need to know if he really interested in me and having a relationship. Otherwise, don't waste my time.

but how disrespectful would it be to ask a girl that on the first date? you may be fine with it but the general women population probably isn't

You'd be surprised how many women wouldn't mind. It's all about making her feel secure. If you have her trust to have sex on the first date, it will happen. Women like knowing something is definite rather than doubtful. That's why communication is important; intentions need to be made clear. Otherwise, if she gets offended at the question, that's on her. I can see how sex on the first date isn't ideal, so please keep that in mind. However, it's not so far fetch.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well in my personal experience it always ended up not evolving into anything. I guess you hat to be pretty lucky.

What Girls Said 15

• It happens a lot. It's just another thing that's portrayed as bad because people love to slut shame and all too often men do only want one thing and women end up hurt once the man has got what he wants. But this isn't always the case. My two best/longest relationships sex happened earlier in the relationship rather than later.

• Yes I had a few good relationships where this has happened. There is no gurantee that a relationship will last if you give a guy any or not. But I feel that a female should not be pressured either.

• The risks outweigh the benefits.

• possible but it's risky!

• it's happened to me several times

• Not at all. A lot of hook ups start relationships actually. Crazy world we live in

• Not at all, tons of stories of marriages from one nighters.

• Well I had sex with this guy I started liking few weeks after we started talking but that didn't lead to us dating, in fact he started to distant himself but then again he recently got out of a very long-term relationship and I recently got out of one too around the same time he did. I thought maybe us hooking up was moving too fast for us so now we are friends sadly because I really want to date him.

• I did. I never thought I'd do something like that. We've been together 7 years or something now

• Yeah, I had a relationship with a guy for half a year and we slept together on the first night. It was originally going to be one night stand but we both liked each other. He moved away, hence the split. The early sex didn't play a factor in us breaking up.

• Had sex on the first date but still in the relationship. Starting the third year. But I guess you get just taken less seriously by people around you that know the story

• It's all up to the guy

• I don't think it determines anything, I had sex with my husband on our first date

• I wouldn't do it but I have friends who have gotten married to guys they slept with the first hang out... it depends on what your looking for and the kind of people your into and where they are in their life...

• No, I have several friends like you. Some even married the person.

It's not the best method to meet someone, as it ups the seriousness of the relationship before it gets there organically. That can make some people act weird.

But it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad, either.

What Guys Said 3

• Blind date w/voluptuous It. gal = she drive me to park to give me HJ
    resulted in my pursuit of her all summer, 1/2 of which was sex oohlala
    until I discovered she wasn't taking BC pills as promised
    ergo COULD have been successful except for that giant lie = goodbye!
    Yes, I have regrets

• My best and longest relationships have always gone sexual sooner rather than later.

• I lose interest in almost every girl directly after sex, regardless of how long we've been dating. I cannot help with this one.