Why do guys feel the need to cheat?

my boyfriend of a year and a half dated another girl at the same time as me for months. i didn't know until we broke up, but during our relationship he always said he loved me and missed me and always asked if i still loved him or if i saw myself with him in the future. he was always so scared of losing me or hurting me. so i don't understand why he did this, or what provoked him to.

What Guys Said 7

• He saw another girl and was attracted to her. It's that simple. He didn't "Feel the need to cheat" This is what's wrong with the way girls think and I just don't know how to explain it but the question should have been "Why would he cheat if he said he loved me" Maybe it's because you feel like it answers itself and your avoiding the answer.

But I think it's more likely that the reason is because girls don't want to be attractive just because of their looks. It's like a source of insecurity where you don't feel right if that's all they wanted from you and guys don't really understand that.

I think part of the problem is that most girls don't seem to understand just how serialized they are.

• Because it's literally in our DNA. I'm not saying it's right but firstly there's evolutionary reasons why and secondly we sometimes just have an attraction for other women who's a little different than the other woman.

• cheating doesn't mean you don't love someone. People cheat for many reasons, not one of them makes it okay, but it's not that simple. I can't say I know of any guys that have cheated but a lot of girls that have. They all had different reasons. Only one did not feel sorry about it.

Life is hard. People and their emotions are much harder.

• Cause it's fun

• open options

• because you aren't pretty enough to satisfy him.

• Same reason women do.. they like to feel liked

What Girls Said 3

• perhaps he was keeping someone by the side or you by the side just in case one of you left him... that's why he repeatedly asked you if you see you guys together in the future

• Because he needed to have another option before leaving you. That's why he kept asking you if you loved him or what you thought about the future etc., he was weighing his options and feelings.

• I want to know this too