Do you date people from the gym?

I mean it is awkward cause I have no clue their situation. I am friendly with a few guys there and for the most part everyone. But they ho to work out like I do. I don't want to make a move but one guy has come to talk to me before I have my nickname for him that he likes. I have not been going as often and I am not staying as long. I haven't seen him in a while. When I was lifting my hair was in my eyes and I brushed it away and our eyes met. I caught him smiling at me and he worked out beside me for a while and looked at me every time he passed me. I feel like a gym is a place to get your head right. It a meat market. Maybe I will see what happens if I see him outside the gym.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't, if both of you bo there often, it can be awkward if things don't work between you two, and still might have to find another gym, hope you get my point.
    There is always intresting people at the gym, but i never do contact with others, i even have a workout t shirt that say ''It's a nice day to leave me alone''. That is just my opinion and i know many have the opposite.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• You know, if you're really interested in this guy, you should make a move. Most guys will not ask a woman out at the gym because it's sort of understood that you're at the gym to work out and not date and it's highly frowned upon to break that. I know that I would never ask out a woman at a gym (to be honest, I probably would never talk to a woman at a gym) because of the well-understood rules regarding gyms.

However, dating restrictions are for men, not women so I say you go for it. Try talking to him and see if you can get to talking about your lives or things you do outside of work then go from there. We're not 20 anymore. At our age, we go for what we want.

• No way. In the gym where I go, I'm the only overweight person who's trying to lose weight. My presence is pretty much white noise in there.

What Girls Said 1

• I met my boyfriend at the gym. He's the only guy I've dated from the gym though. He works there though