He said he wants to take things slow, then slept with me. What's going on?

I'm in a bit of a strange situation, and I'm probably overthinking this. I've been dating this guy for less than a month and we get on really well. We've both come out of LTR's earlier this year. Anyways, last Friday, we were out on a date and he admitted to being shy around me in terms of affection. I admitted I felt the same. We'd only kissed by this point and not gone any further. He invited me to sleep over at his after the date and I said okay (last time I said no). Whilst at his, he said again he really liked me that and he wanted to take his time with me. I said I was happy to do that. Whilst sleeping next to him I could tell he wanted to sleep with me, and I said that I didn't want to rush things so he stopped trying to make a move on me. I ended up spending the whole of Saturday with him at his the next day, and again he was making all the moves. I was a bit reluctant at first as it I didn't want to ruin things, but I relented because I felt ready to sleep with him and I don't usually make a drama about when you should have sex with someone. I mean, I once had a 2 year relationship with someone after sleeping with them on the first night.

Anyway, it felt right for me, and I like him. Since then, he's continued to see me and we go out on dates and we now hold hands in public etc but I want to take a bit of a step back. I'm just confused by why he said he "wanted to take his time with me" and then we sleep together? I don't think he's after one thing; I know guys who are like that and this guy is caring and thoughtful.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Perhaps he wanted to take it easy because he is truly caring and loves you but sometimes physical attraction can't be ignored. If you soent a qhole day with him, he probably just got tempted and carried away. However don't let giving in become a thing.

I think you're right there. It's not changed the dymanic at all (what I initially feared), in fact he's more affectionate now then he was before because he's more relaxed around me. I'll see how it goes.

Well I'm always happy to help; I've learnt some difficult lessons in the past but I'm still trying to understand them too!

Well it's just I really don't have a clue if the gym instructor is crushing on me or not. But it's a long story and might not fit into the 1000 letters I have for answering ;). But thanks anyways.