Guys, how often do you want to hear FIRST from a girl via text?

Is texting everyday too much? Is once a week not enough?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the relationship. Just friends? I try to text the girl friends I hang out at least every three days. Most of the time I'm the one initiating conversation but it definitely goes both ways. Flirty? Probably texting every day, alternating who initiates so if you're doing this be aware of the signal you're sending off.

I'm assuming when you say first you mean you're the one to initiate contact. If you mean first meeting someone through text then that's beyond my experience.

What Guys Said 3

• I hate TXTing it is like chatting with a robat. I LOVE CALLING and hearing her voice even if she calls me 10 times a day. TXTing is annoying.

• Texting every day is fine. Quite honestly, if a guy has a problem with you enjoying talking to him often, he's probably a jerk, no offense.

• everyday is good as long as its interesting. once a week though defenently is not enough.

What Girls Said 1

• I know you want to hear from a guy but a girls opinion is nice too right? :]

Well I'm talking to this guy, and we're just friends right now, but we text everyday, with only one day a week that we don't text due to just being busy. Sometimes he'll initiate, sometimes I will, but if I don't hear from him in a bit, I'll text him a "is everything ok?" text, which he thinks is really sweet because it shows that I care about him. Now a rule of thumb for me is if I don't hear back after one text, I wait at least 6 hours to send another, and if I don't hear back after that one, I just wait it out. He's really busy so I understand, but I'll never text him more than twice without a reply.

but if a guy doesn't want to text you every day or something close to that he probably isn't interested in you.