IS THIS NORMAL? During fights to say; "shut the fuck up", "b*tch", "c*nt", "you're dumb"?

• Yes it is Normal
  • No it is NOT Normal and Abusive

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have to be really mad. But it is normal on some level.

If your SO told you that it hurts her feelings and asked you to stop talking to her like that, would you still continue though?

Those are pretty big deals, and i think your words were justifiable. I get named called for little things that i say that he doesn't like... i mean nothing related to cheating, or breaking up.

If you don't like it... why do you stay?

Most Helpful Girl

• NOOOOOOOOO! No one should ever say that to their partner, don't matter if you're a boy or girl. You treat each other with respect. Don't ever call your partner names. Words have a way of hurting, and the hurt can stay for a long time.

What Guys Said 10

• It's not normal. Even if it was, you shouldn't accept that either just because it's normal. He's a dick.

• You know, it sure sounds abusive to me, however I do accept that some couples are just very passionate. As I get older, I become more accepting of things and sort of understand that not everyone is like me and not everyone does things the way that I like to do them -- and that doesn't make them wrong.

That said, I'd never all anyone a bitch, cunt, nor would I ever tell them to shut the fuck up. Things got incredibly ugly during my divorce. My ex-wife accused me of domestic violence and tried to get it so that I couldn't see my daughters. But even through all of that, not once did I ever use that type of language with her.

However, on the flip side... early on, she kicked my ass pretty hard with the legal stuff so it makes me wonder if I would have fared better if I weren't such a nice guy, you know? Like I said, it's just a different way of doing things and I'm pretty sure that there are negatives and positives to both methods.

The NASA has a saying that goes "There is no situation so bad that it can't get worse".
      It was honorable of you not to use these insulting terms, despite your wife's less sympathetic behavior. You might not have gotten anything positive in the divorce itself, but you have my respect at least. Thanks :) to

• It's not normal, it's childish and immature

• You should never talk to your SO like that. Hateful, disrespectful words can never be taken back. It's called love homicide. A definite deal breaker as far as I'm concerned...

• its not normal but then again, were only getting your side of the story here.. but no, i wouldn't call my SO any of that

• I'd call you dumb for sure, not rest of it.

• During a fight? Yeah thats normal. Depends how serious the fight is.

• that's when i dont give a fuk about you anymore.

• yeah, that sounds like the average bicker between a couple

• No that's gong way too far

What Girls Said 10

• No, that's abusive and you shouldn't put up with that. In an adult relationship you don't cuss each other out or say derogatory things during arguments. That's really toxic and should not be condoned.

• Constantly resorting to insults like that in a fight is just s sign of low intelligence and a generally poor self-control tbh. You could also see it as verbally abusive, yeah.

• No it's not normal. One of the guys I used to talk to treated me like that and I tried to think he would change... they never do.

• That's a fucking deal breaker right there. Sorry.

Bring on the down votes.

• It's more normal than saying those things when NOT in a fight. But it is wrong and offensive and abusive.

• Doesn't sound that normal to me - sounds like someone with a foul mouth and a not so secret anger issue.

• Not normal, I would leave tbh.

• No it's NOT normal a man must respect his girl

• i think those are common used phrases during arguments in western countries

• yes it's normal