This 33 Year Old Guy I am Seeing Owns His Own Place BUT... he doesn't drive, doesn't go out and hasn't ever had a gf? Should I Date him?

• Yes Date Him
  • No Don't Date Him

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm. Some people just never really into that dating scene and it is actually easier than you think to let one year after another slip by without really dating. Not having a car is weird, but in many big cities with great public transportation, there is no need for a car. So not having a car depends on why whether that is a red flag or not.

• 26d

I mean... its a little scary that at 33 he has never had a girlfriend, nor dated. I feel like he is a boy and I have to teach him how to be a bf?
      Plus neither of us have a car so we are limited as to which restaurants and where we can go. It is so odd?

• 19d

Easy for guys to end up that way

• 19d

Reason why this happens to guys more than girls is because girls don't have to be the initiators

Most Helpful Girl

• I would find out why he doesn't do any ofurther those things. That will help you with your answer.

• 26d

He said that he doesn't ever want/need to drive because he lives by the train and that he chooses not to go out...

• 26d

He told me that he is more focused on work than ever having a gf?

• 26d

Seems clich├ęd. Honestly I think there is much much much more going on and we have no facts.

What Guys Said 13

• Follow what your heart tells you, do what ever makes you comfortable but don't judge the guy cause he may be a good guy..

• why doesn't he drive?
    why doesn't he go out?
    why doesn't he date?

they seem like red flags to consider but i'd want to know more about the reasons why

• 26d

He said that in the future no one will be driving

• 26d

well just because the future may be something is no reason not to do it in the present. but i can understand if he can get where he needs to go without driving then yes owning a car is unnecessary. i still think getting a license (not sure if he has one or not) is smart though

• Well does he have a car &I just doesn't like to drive, or no car at all? And what's the reason for this?

Or what's with no girlfriend by 33? It's not a be all end all ordeal, but I'd be curious?

• 26d

• if u want to date him its up to u. he obviously has his own place. u can tell him ur concerns early on if u want. hell after the first date or something he might show u to the airport where he keeps his airplane or something lol. just talk to him about what u are worried bout. it sounds like u want to date him.

• You can't just judge someone based on that, that is not a bad past, that is just something that he has never had the opportunity to pursue.

• Yes. That stuff means nothing. All that's truly important is your feelings for him and how he treats you.

• It really comes down to you and what you want out of a relationship. If you're worried about the fact that he's never had a girlfriend before don't be, chances are that he'll treat you like a queen if you're his first. With that in mind, I'm sure he'll be open to trying new things with you if he wants to please you. Ultimately treat him well and he'll do the same hopefully. WIsh you the best.

• If you are basing this signally on the reason that you should not go out with him because he currently does not drive that is pretty petty in my view he can learn

• How big is his donger

• It maybe good for you. Also, he won't be jaded from being treated
    shitty by other women.

• You live in a major city?

• If he wants to date you, you should give him a chance.
    He's probably loaded.

• It's up to you, but why would it be that much of a deal breaker that he hasn't had a girlfriend before?

I've dated plenty but but never had a relationship. Sometimes it's the ones we want that don't want us and we don't want the ones who want us and refuse to settle.

What Girls Said 6

• What gives you the impression that he won't be a good boyfriend? Is it because he doesn't drive or own a car? Go out? Had an ex? All of the above?
    I don't see it being a big deal. Maybe you can make him see what he is missing out on when he spends time with you. You could make him change his mind

• well it'll suck for you. he has no experience with women, he doesn't go out so no fun dates, even if he wanted to take you out it'll suck bc you'll be using public transportation, doesn't sound fun to me. and at 33 he should have his own place.

• Some people prefer not to drive. Maybe he doesn't drive because of past things that have happened to him, or maybe he just doesn't want to. I don't, but I also can't because of medical reasons. Maybe he has his reasons, he's not really obligated to tell you why, and so what; not ever dating doesn't mean anything. He may also have social anxiety. You can't judge based on these things.

• yes date him.. sounds safe

• There's not enough information here it's very dependant on reasons behind the points.

• You don't mention anything about getting along with him and finding him attractive.