Is meeting family a normal thing to want in a relationship?

Been going out with my boyfriend for a year and 9 months now, but he really isn't into family stuff. I've met his parents once and he's met mine twice. Im big into family and I keep waiting for him to be but it isn't happening. At every event Im always stood on my own whilst everyone else has their significiant others. My family keep pressuring me about it too. I know some people take things slower but how long should I wait? Is it weird to want a boyfriend to hang out with family? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Meeting them yes, to regularly do things with them, it depends on their family dynamic.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's not been big into family he's probably not going to want to get too involved with yours. You need to just tell him what you want. This is one where you have a right to push him to what you want from him.

Yeah I have kind of pushed a few things but I don't wanna force him to do things. The annoying thing is the few things he has come to he has really enjoyed! How do you push someone without losing them?

You have to find some balance. THey are your family, not his. You should be able to say "here are the things that are important to me that I need you to participate in, but these other things ill do on my own because i want to be close with my family"

Talk to him about it and be willing to compromise on some things. It means you might not have him every time you want him, but you'l have him enough that it works for both you and him.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he he feels intimidated by your family.

What Girls Said 1

• He obviously doesn't have good social skills, that's okay, don't rush, just talk to him about it. Not everyone is big on families and big social events.