How much should a sugar baby charge?

I live in Toronto and am new to being a sugar baby (trying to get through school while juggling precarious jobs). According to the stats, the average a sugar baby makes is between $3,000.00 - $5,000.00 a month. How much should a sugar baby in Toronto charge on a per meet basis? If a man can only see you twice a month, is $500.00 too much to ask for for a per meet basis?

Most Helpful Guy

• Prices are based on the customer's BATNA (Google it).

This is why it's very important to start every negotiation by first determining what the guy's expectations are. Is he the guy who is interested in developing some kind of relationship with you and is looking for more than just sex? Well, you don't want those guys (we'll talk about why below). Is he the desperate kind who has some money and is looking for a young woman that's slightly attractive and willing to give him the time of day in exchange for money? These are your idea customers (we'll discuss why).

If the guy is somewhat attractive with resources, then he has no problem meeting and having sex with women. So, "why" would he be interested in a sugar baby? Who knows, but it's your job to find out. You want to know if you can provide him with something that he can't otherwise find easily (and cheaper) in the market. If he's married and looking to discreetly cheat on his wife, you have value to add. If he's looking to give the appearance to clients that he's dating younger attractive women on the side, you have value to add. If all he's looking for is sex, you're not really earning any kind of premium.. every dollar you get is a dollar you earn (last resort unless you REALLY need the money).

You're looking to charge what economists call "economic rent." So, your idea guy is unfortunately someone that may not be that flattering in the looks department, may not really be that masculine or sexy as a man, but he pays the bills. Hey, that's okay. He knows it, you know it, he's not judging you and you're not judging him. What is he looking for? Access to sex with a young and attractive woman that's not a prostitute for hire by the public at large. Basically, a rent-a-girlfriend he can pick up and out of the toy box whenever he's feeling like it, and put back in when he's done playing.

You can't charge based on what needs of YOURS are NOT BEING FULFILLED. That's not how this works. You charge based on his NEXT BEST ALTERNATIVE.

In Manhattan, prostitutes charge $250/hr. In Queens, NY, prostitutes charge $200/hr. Again, we're not saying YOU are a prostitute. We're just saying, that's HIS NEXT BEST ALTERNATIVE TO A NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT.

So, here's where "selling" comes in. Are you going to sell him 1 hour or 2 hour blocks of year time each "visit"? I think you can justify selling 2-hour blocks of your time. You have to get ready, dressed, etc. so there is stuff that goes into it behind the scenes.

Clarify what his expectations are, and that you have the right to stop at any time. That way, if the time he demands from you gets to be unfair to you, you can STOP. And if he wants to continue, then he'll have to agree to different rates/terms.

Given that, I don't think your initial $500 per visit estimate was ridiculous. However, $1,000 per month? What the hell are you going to do with that? Is that really worth it? You have to ask yourself those questions.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no experience whatsoever. But I don't think talking to him about money right away would be a good idea, rather see how much he is willing to give. Also it's not just "cash and go", he'll most likely expect you to go to fancy restaurant with him, spend a night in a hotel, and and and.. so basically also give you a taste of what it's like to be rich besides the cash.
    It's not as easy as you think it is.

Stay safe!

Thank you! Actually, he's asking me how much I would like. And, I'm not sure what to say? I'm not into anything material, just trying to pay off my student loans. Would $500 be too much, you think? >_<

Thank you, darling!

You're welcome ❤️

What Guys Said 4

• Pa-fucking-thetic.

• Sugar babies normally accept gifts and stuff more than straigh cash. That's prostitution and there is a difference... he could make ur car payment or pay off a credit card or something that wasn't cash. Rethink what you are doing...

• I dont know the prices of that kind of whoring so i can't help you.

• there is people in Toronto with lots of money , if these guys are from the business community they would have lots of money , I don't think money is really an issue for some of them , if they want a younger woman that badly , if there rich and want a 20 something girl , $500 isn't that much

What Girls Said 3

• So... really you're just lazy and want to exploit your looks without having to be called a prostitute or an escort. You're a contracted escort. That's essentially what you are.

I work 4 jobs, am a full time student and act as a caregiver to several individuals. Wouldn't call myself lazy.

My question is... why on earth is your lifestyle as is not acceptable to you?

At least it's honorable. I'm not alone in the assumptions I've made. Everyone looks down on "sugar babies" for their lifestyles and not making their own living. Sugar babies don't make money. Their daddies make money. They spend money. They don't contribute to society. Therefore the lifestyle is lazy. You are already making your own living. Why stoop to such an easily judged and looked down upon "profession" such as relying on some rich bastard to pay your way because you're unwilling to pay it yourself? Or continue paying it, since you're already normal and acceptable?

Thank you, that was much more constructive and honest; and I can appreciate that criticism. Unfortunately, this is more of a means to an end for me. I have too many people to care care of, and am crumbling under student loans and trying to afford my master's degree. This isn't something I prefer, not something I necessarily want. The jobs I work are flexible around school and help me get by. But I'm still unable to properly care for the people I need to. If I do this for a couple of months, I figure it should help, if even just a little. For me, if I'm able to help the people I'm caring for, it seems worth it, regardless of the stigma.

• Can't say I have any experience with that.

• I have no idea nor do I actually care about this enough to do some research.