Does he expect me to pay?

This guy asked me to go to dinner with him tomorrow night since its his birthday. I've never gone on a date or been asked out. Does he expect me to pay? Should I offer since its his birthday?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe half, paying for his birthday dinner (you were invited to) on a first date wouldn't be expected by anyone who isn't retarded.

Most Helpful Girl

• Always bring in money. In fact you should just get something that you know you can pay. Whatever he decides to do, you should ask this with him before you two even go out. But if you want to pay as part of his birthday, then you do that. Overall he shouldn't expect you to pay when he asked you, just because its his birthday. But do be wary of what his intentions are, since you never gone out or been asked out on a date before. Some may try to take advantage of such a person. So as I said bring extra money with you. And do research on the place he is looking to go to for dinner. And remember that regardless to what he says, if you don't feel it to be in it, you don't have to go for a 2nd date.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it would be a a nice thing to do if you like him.
    I think he will try to pay if he invited you, but I think you shouldn't let him.

• Bring money just in case.

• You should offer to pay

• Say you'd love to pick up the bill since it's his birthday. If he wants to pay for the whole thing let him.

• You might have to pay your half but I see no reason why you would have to pay it all

What Girls Said 14

• You should at least offer to split, especially since it's his birthday. You can pay if you feel inclined, otherwise just split and maybe give him a card or something.

• It's his birthday, just jump out there and pay. I doubt he expects you to, but i think it's a great thing to do.

• Normally because he asked I'd be assuming he would pay and I'd get the next one, but because it's his birthday I would pay

• No. He asked YOU!
    This is a huge compliment. He wants to treat himself on his birthday to your company.
    But whether or not you should offer to pay depends on how well you know him and how much you like him. If you don't know him that well then don't offer

• As he invited you, he is probably wanting to pay, however it's never bad having a backup plan right?

• Offer since it is his birthday. You could bring him a gourmet cupcake too as a sweet treat

• Bring money just in case.

Offer to pay, if he says no, then offer to pay half since it's his birthday

• I wouldn't pay... he asked you

• Even though he's the one who asked you, I'd offer to pay seeing as it's his birthday

• My south side niggas know what's best

• He asked you out. Let him pay.

• HE ask you on diner so he should pay. The one who ask the date pay

• That is sooo weird for a first date!! Doesn't he want to be with family or friends on his birthday? Weird. I don't know, do you really really like him?

That's what I would think but he said he wasn't going to do anything and I don't know. I know He likes me. I'm hoping the date will help me figure that out.

@Cady_19 for a first date though? I get when yous guys are already together but first date? Doesn't he have friends or something? Like i said that would just add a lot of pressure for me esp. if I wasn't even sure I liked him yet...

Oh first date? Okay that's just adding more pressure to you. It's sweet that he wants to celebrate it with you but yeah kind of weird

• Let me just say this as gently as possible... YOU WOULD BE A HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING FOR NOT OFFERING TO PAY ON "HIS" BIRTHDAY.

Okay, thanks.

Opinion owner. You're the best !! Ide let her take me out for (her ) birthday , Sh... she'd be hating me about the front door area tho...