Is this a bad thing?

So I met a guy whose 18 turning 19 in about a month. We've been talking and he thinks we should keep our relationship a secret because... I'm 16 turning 17 in 4 months and he could get in trouble if I told on him... you're probably gonna say we're fine if we don't do anything... but what if he wants to do stuff and I may be okay with it... if I didn't say anything to anyone... is this still an illegal and not gonna work relationship. He said that we can be friends with benefits... we just can't date. I just don't know what to do... I really like him and I like the fact of it being a secret. He's a really good guy and won't do anything to hurt me. We might go to my school football game on Friday... that's not a bad idea right? We can just tell people we're friends... is it bad that I like the thought of sneaking around and kissing him when no ones looking? is this a bad idea being in a "relationship" with him? Or should I see if it works and if it doesn't then move on... and no one has to know.

What Guys Said 1

• Which state are you from? Because depending on where you live, it might not even be an issue.
    en.wikipedia.org/.../...onsent_-_United_States.svg
    Take a look at the map- if you're in one of the blue states on this map, you two are already good to go and to start dating openly right now. And if you're in one of the brown states, you'll be fine to start dating openly in 4 months' time.

Thank you... that helped... even though.. I'm in a green state... but whatever :)

by the way, it's also fine if you're in Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wyoming, since he's less than three years older than you are.

Okay Thankyou

What Girls Said 1