Why did he reject me?

I was really into this guy and decided to tell him how I felt through messenger and he responded. In his response he said I think you're really pretty but Im just not super into you. I know I shouldn't dwell on it and I'm getting over it but I can't help but wonder if that was a genuine statement or if he was just trying to be nice? Why would he reject me if he thought I was really pretty? Why wouldn't he give it a chance?

What Guys Said 1

• Sometimes people don't like the idea of dropping into a relationship too fast. It makes them nervous.

What Girls Said 2

• This has nothing to do with looks. It has to do with you two not clicking with each other amongst others things. Like your personality and character as a person is what really attracts people.

Also if he is not interested in a relationship now he will reject you anybody that ask. I've done it plenty of times for my personal reasons and they simply didn't click with me.

• You may be pretty to him but not fuckable or dateable