Is it worth trying to have a conversation with him again?

We dated, and I asked what we were doing and he said he wasn't ready for anything serious (I don't think he is over his ex completely) so I said we should go back to being just friends because I didn't want to get hurt. I feel like we still like each other but we are both scared of letting someone in again and I'm not sure what to do here. Did I end it too quickly without giving it a true chance? Or is it better in the long run since he said he wasn't ready (and I have my own issues I probably need to deal with as well - depression and intimacy issues) He hinted that he hopes we run into each other soon and so a couple days later I asked him if he wanted to go see a movie but he couldn't. I like him but I just can't decide if its worth having another conversation? or should I just let it go and focus on myself?

What Guys Said 2

• Focus on yourself. He isn't interested in a committed relationship with you and doubt he ever will be. He knows how you feel and where you are if he ever wants you for more than just sex. Do not be fwb's

• No reason why you guys can't just hang out and go with the flow. No expectations. Just be in the moment and enjoy each other's company, nothing serious

So you think I should talk to him about it? or just see if we keep hanging out?

Don't talk to him about it, just hang out, have fun, keep things light and playful. NOTHING deep or serious

What Girls Said 1

• No, it's not worth it. Worst part is that it will take you a long time to realize it.