Sans Bra on Dates?

I'm a scientist, and this is a social topic I've been studying for years. I'd like to hear your opinions.

More and more women in Western culture are choosing to forgo the bra for numerous reasons, ranging from social activism to personal comfort to health concerns. While there is much debate about whether bras are helpful or hurtful concerning breast health, the social acceptance (or the lack thereof) of going braless in public is a very different challenge.

This is a large topic, so narrowing it down to the dating scene, what are your thoughts on women wearing braless styles on dates? It's obvious that women going braless for activism won't care about defying social customs. But what about the women who do or would like to go sans bra for comfort, health, etc. yet still care what people think?

How would you men feel if your date came to the door and was dressed nicely but was obviously braless? Would you be comfortable going out with her?

For the women who do or would like to leave the bra at home, how do/would you feel going out for a date sans bra? Would it help knowing whether or not your date supported you?

Keep in mind, I don't mean just girls with a perfect pair of synthetically matched, gravity-defying D's. I mean normal women with natural breasts.

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• This summer I went braless quite often actually. I can take the heat of the summer way better without a bra, even though I have a 32DD. Most people didn't notice or just didn't care I guess. Never heard anyone talking about it. It's recommendable because it's very comfortable and most of the time you don't need a lot of support.

I would probably wear a bra on a date because it does feel a little less secure without a bra and I want that feeling for dates.

What Girls Said 3

• I would...

• Im curious to know what branch of "science" you are currently working in and if we'll find this topic in a peer reviewed journal any time soon.

Boobology 😏

@Other_Tommy_Wiseau

Ohhh, and i thought it wasn't true, but i guess you proved me wrong.

I'm a biochemist. My interest in this topic began from a health perspective, but over the years, I've realized the social aspect is a formidable challenge to women trying to find alternatives to bras, much like the challenges of breastfeeding in public.

No, this will not be in a review article. GaG isn't exactly a scientific resource haha. I'm just seeing what men and women have to say about it

• Yeah I wouldn't do that. It would be so noticeable and the guy would just look there the whole time.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd be a little confused, but I wouldn't bring attention to it on the count of her to punching me upside the head for staring at her braless tits

• I'd find it pretty awesome and would really just be trying hard not to stare TOO much! lol!

• Cool by me because it's her choice.

• A scientist. lol Right, in your mind maybe.