What's wrong with me?

I cry almost every night over this, how I fail to attract guys and how I couldn't get a boyfriend like a regular girl could. I try looking up on Google "I'm a teen who has trouble dating" and all that pops up are people already in relationships Having questions or issues. I think I'm just weird how I can't get a guy. I ask over and over again why, what's wrong with me, why do I have to be desperate? It's not fair. I don't want to be a lone. I'm always alone. I'm guessing it's my body, but I don't eat bad, my friend eats like shit , she pulled out a large candy bar Gatorade and some other shitty snack and ate it on top of her lunch and she still has a perfect body and a boyfriend. and I can hardly eat my lunch without wanting to throw it up. a lot of times i do throw up my food.
I asked her if she exercised and she said no sense literally says she sits on her ass all day. I can't do that. My body hates me. My body is disgusting. It's not good enough, and it seems incapable of losing weight obviously. Piece of shit.

What's wrong with me, I'm guessing im weird. All is ever want is a boyfriend like I don't even need friends and shit, just a guy, or at least be attractive enough for a guy to look back at me when I pass by.

Whenever someone asks me like an adult "do you have a boyfriend"
I have to say no. BECAUSE GUYS DONT FUCKING LIKE ME AND IM NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ONE APPARENTLY.

Because I'm not a normal fucking girl who is capable of attracting a relationship.
I fucking hate myself what's wrong with me

26d Then I'm gaining fucking weight out of know where and I dont know why! What the fuck I've only ated two times today!

What Guys Said 14

• Your biggest problem is your ATTITIDE! Get it together girl, you are stronger and smarter than this. Don't just go against yourself because you would be surprised how much our brains can really do to us. When you think the way you are right now, nothing will EVER get better. You have got to refresh your mind, have faith and determination and be POSITIVE in life because it's just to short to waste time dealing with stress and depression that you will regret years later from now. Everybody has their own taste and these things happen naturally. Once again, naturally they are not forced.

The thing is, in my opinion, at your age/in highschool-none of these relationships are even close to being real and it's all really just BS. If it makes you feel any better, I'm a very good looking guy as many have told me but I have not once dated a girl, and no I'm not gay. I am going to college next year and know that people will be more mature there, less like high schoolers with these retarded groups like the nerds the cool ones etc. there I will find my first girl to date. The thing is, I choose not to stress out about this because I have thought the way you are right now but I immediately recognized that It was not healthy for my body to be stressed out like that and I wasn't going to improve with such a negative attitude. If no guy seems to want to go out with you now just wait and let things happen naturally. The best you can do for yourself is to enjoy life, hangout with friends, and with that you could potentially run into some guy that could be your first boyfriend. if you could just do one thing for me- stop being so mean to yourself and your body as it is not good for you now nor later down the road. I believe you are capable of standing back up and getting it together, the only question is "are you?" ... if you want to ask anything or got some concerns I'd be more than happy to help you. Best of luck 😎

• Super secret life hacks for all girls:

1. Google AMA height weight range. Find your height, then find your healthy weight range. If you're in it, you're not fat. If you're on the high end, curvy or thick. If on the low end, thin. Either or anywhere in between is attractive.

2. Be chaste. Sure, boys your age think they like sluts. They're idiots. Time comes when you're in college and you want to snag a keeper (you'll do it then at the latest if you're smart) hell be thrilled to know he's going where no man has gone before on your wedding night.

3. Don't sweat now. For everyone for whim high school sucks, life gets better. For everyone for whom it's awesome, it's all down hill from there for most of them.

• Christ you're 16. Work on your emotional health first because you're on a nosedive straight down.

• There are very few guys your age that will actively pursue a girl. They aren't mature enough and are still trying to figure themselves out - much less figuring women out.

My advice is to work on developing yourself as a person. In a couple of years when you enter college or the work force, guys will behave much differently toward you.

• ummm u need some professional help. u shouldn't NEED a boyfriend. u should want a boyfriend. and u are young. 16 u should barely be dating. so no bfs yet is not much of a statement. as for ur friend that is a no where statement as well. everyone has different genetics. thats why we all look different and have different skin colors and hair colors and everything. that includes methabolism. ur friend is young and can eat anything and sit around. in time she will most likely lose that and get fat. u need to not throw up also, as its bad for diet and for ur throat and teeth. u should just do some walking or swimming. once u have a stable boyfriend u can have sex as a great method of exercise ;).

but just being urself as a girl will get u a boyfriend sooner or later, thats a fact. but if u wanted u could work on ur attitude around people and how u look, like exercise. most people love fit girls. find some hobbies and meet people there. i might be illegal in ur state... but u could also hang out at colleges, i remember a lot of girls that did that when i was in high school... not a super fan of that myself unless u are actually takeing classes there. but thats a whole new group of guys. just dont be negative. people ARE LIKE DOGS!!! they can sense things like that.

if u are not a troll... i hope some of this helps u, as u sound like u need a lot and u have a lot to live for as u are just starting ur life and there are plenty of good guys out there for u to find.

• I think you should seek help. That obsession is unhealthy.
    also, you are doing the same error as so many girls do. You are waiting to be asked out. This era is over. You have to be the one approaching.

• 26d

I HAVE BEEN REJECTED EVERY SINGLE TIME AND STOP WITH THAT BULLSHIT NO ITS NOT

• 26d

That is what I suspected. I am not joking. Get help seriously. Many girls your age are going through the same thing. There are people who can help you. You are spinning out of control. There is no shame to be had.

• 26d

can't just get help. My aunt and I are still figuring out a doctor's appointment for my med refil

• You're 16. You've got time. What do your friends who are in relationships do? How do they look? Imitation is, indeed, the sincerest form of flattery. You need to focus on you. You're a good person and you need to realize that. No one likes a quitter, or a whiner. So don't do that. Be who you are, be proud of who you are, and run with it. Who really cares what other people think?

• You're only in high school these aren't the best years of you life I feel bad for people that peak in high school. Just relax do things you're interested in and a guy will find it attractive. You need to get some help and counseling throwing up, depression and self harm are serious issues that you need to get under control before you think about boyfriends. You will get a boyfriend but you need to take care of yourself first a relationship for you right now is a bad idea you aren't in a good place for one.

• Start doing plank and squat (and some other if you want) exercises every day and run whenever you have time and eat as healthy you want, this will help you for body i am sure :D Do this challenge s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...5ca6717b08.jpg or find some other :D in a month you will look great, its gonna be hard, but you have to do it for half hour mostly or so, its gonna be hard, but when you see results, you will see its worth it in a month :D You will get comliments in a few weeks ;) For atitude, try to be cool and to smile :D

• The only thing that is wrong with you is that you is your thinking process. So you need the help of an expert to guide you Once you get your thinking process right , everything will fall in place.

• Hey you are 16 !! You are overthiking about this. You will get a boyfriend one day..
    Just chill girl!

• You can't get over the fact that you never had a boyfriend.

• You should be doing research about nutrition. You can eat more and lose weight. But you have to work, fail , get back up, work again and so on. It's about who puts in more time. Hope you figure it out.

• Post a pic on here so we can see how you look. You are probably way too hard on yourself

What Girls Said 11

• Hi lonewolf881,

As a 28 year old female I can say one of the most frustrating things is reading about the struggles of my younger peers (who'd I'd like to help). Mainly because I know they dont want someone older than them telling them what's what, or a clichéd "things will getter" better line.

But I hope you can let the words of those trying to help you really sink in. Give us a chance to try to help you.

First I will say while it can be tempting to not eat much in an attempt to slim down (yes i did this in high school too) its not healthy - and I know, you know, its not healthy. Here's one thing you may not know: when you stop eating, your metabolism stops which prevents you from losing weight. Eating low calories meals frequently speeds up your metabolism allowing you to loose weight. - I thought I'd address this with you since it seems to be a focal point in your post. However, i really hope that you decide to take care of your body for YOU, not others.

Secondly, they other posters are right - even if it sounds condensending, clichéd... etc

High school can be a miserable time, with a very skewered perception of reality. It may seem like everyone around you in high school, has their sh*t together, etc ~ they don't. And your school is only a very small representation of 16 year olds around the world. It sounds like you feel pressured to be at the same stage slas the other 16years old you see that are dating and whatever else. But why? Why try to be like somebody (s) else (s)? When you can be you. You can be unique. The one thing i noticed thats really missing from your post is YOUR goals, your wants, your dreams. If you figure out what these are and go after them I believe you will find happiness.

I believe part of the problem here is that you are not happy because you are trying to mold yourself in to what you *think* other people want from you. Yes, its cliché but happiness comes from with in.

An example: let's say rap music is really popular where you live. But you like rock music. You can listen to rap all you like but only one will make you happy. - i hope that makes sense I'm not the best with analogies.

Lastly when it comes to dating - there really is no point in dating in high school. The majority of guys (sorry guys) only want sex. And the majority of couples never past graduation. Those that have dated in high school tend to regret it.
    Additionally there are sooooo many people that spend there teens and twentys forever single.

• 24d

I mean I've personally known a handful of people that haven't dated. Some are in there thirties. And if you just browse this site and others like it you'll see that there are so many. In fact i encourage you post a question about it. How many are still dateless at 18?25?30?35? And you'll see what i mean.

Me personally, I was never asked out in high school. If it wasn't for social media i probably would be one of those 30 year olds that never had a date.

I encourage you to take your mind off it and focus on the things that DO make you happy.

• You have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else. If you can't see your own self-worth then how do you expect others to see it? I know it seems like everybody else is in a relationship - I felt the same way when I was 16. But just because you're alone now doesn't mean you will be alone forever. It's a journey and it's meant to be hard. The first step is loving yourself and being true to who you are so you attract the right kind of person.

Please message me if you want to talk. You're not alone. (I didn't have my first kiss until I was 19 and I know many girls my age who haven't had their first kiss yet, so don't fret)

• Your body is not the problem here, your attitude and desperation for a boyfriend is. People will not respect and like you if you can't respect and like yourself. Stop comparing yourself to those are you and focus on being the best person YOU can be.

If you want the best body you can have eat well and often. Exercise because it's good for you and makes you feel better, not because boys like abs. Find an activity or hobby that you enjoy and absolutely smash it with all you've got. Those small things are do-able and every time you manage to do one of them you're succeeding. The more you love and appreciate what you have the more others can see what you have to offer. If you don't like yourself then it's a bloody hard sell to get someone else to because no one wants to have to "fix" their partner. So start learning that you don't need to be fixed, you just need to do the best you can and reward that

• A) You're still young and still growing. Just try to change your eating habits some. Different people have different metabolisms, might be due to exercise and eating habits, might be genetics. Point is, you can't base your own diet entirely on your friend. Do what's good for you, and don't worry about her.

B) People not in relationships are just as normal as people in relationships. I think, before anything else, you might consider trying to get more comfortable with yourself. You might be unknowingly repelling people due to your lack of comfort with yourself. Try to work on some hobbies, maybe do get some platonic friends, or find something that you do really well and work on shining in it. You still have a lot of time to go, try not to stress on getting a boyfriend right this moment, you know?

• You're way, way too young to be worrying about attracting men!
    I didn't even have my first boyfriend till I was 19.

Your time will come, don't rush it.

• You most likely scare the boys off , they're probably intimidated by you. Dont be so hard on yourself I bet you're beautiful ❤ at least you sound like a beautiful person 😊❤

• 1) you are 16, you will find someone
    2.) Its not your body I'm 4'11 and weigh 220 and I have a boyfriend so you can cross out about your body being the problem
    3.) Nothing is wrong with you just because you don't have a boyfriend now doesn't mean something is wrong with you, you have the rest of high school, college, heck you might meet someone at a park, gym, grocery store, anywhere.
    Don't hate yourself you have plenty of time finding someone

• 26d

Most importantly always love yourself
      I use to hate myself and it showed.

• 26d

My body won't respond to any of that shit. It hates me that's why I'm punishing it

• 26d

Have you tried vitamins? It's possible something could be wrong.

• you're 16... too young to over think about this. I thought you're 30...
    so, at your age, try to have more friends, to distract you from thinking about this. have fun, or if you can;t, just focus on your studies.

most women are whining about this when they're in my age honestly...

• Wow girl relax!! First of all you should boost your self esteem. Dont try to be perfect for a boy but for you. You should love yourself first. Dont think about why you can't find a boyfriend. These things can't be programmed. I gave my first kiss on the age of 17,5 and many girls have their first relationship in a bigger age. Dont cry and don't let yourself down due to boys. you are 16 you have a whole life to live be happy make things and have boyfriends! ignore my English mistakes 💗😔

• Just try to be happy and focus on youself and don't compare yourself to others.

• Holy shit you're only 16! I'm 23 and still single but dating etc. You've got sooo much time, I'm not even in a rush 😂 Focus on your studies and building your future first.