I feel guilty making him pay for our date?

We were gonna go to the movies but he cancelled saying he wouldn't have money and that we could go next week instead. Then today said he got paid so we can still go if I wanted, but I feel guilty saying yes because he talks about money troubles a lot. I've paid for our meals the last few times so it's not like I'm trying to mooch off him.
Should I offer to pay for my ticket or have him pay?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you could offer to split or let him pay for the tickets and you buy snacks and stuff.

What Guys Said 2

• On a first date, if it is with a "stranger" half the bill is typical I'm told. If it is with a friend or someone you've known a while or you have already had a first date I think guys actually love paying the bill. It makes them feel manly.

• Just let him pay.

What Girls Said 3

• If he wants to pay, let him pay. I'm not a gold digger and I don't hesitate to pick up the check now and then, but I want a guy to spoil me even if its just a little. You don't want to be used as well though because if you always pay he could start take advantage of that.

• Let him pay this time but at the end of the date, make sure to let him know that you (hopefully) enjoyed it and suggest wherever you want to go on a date to next. Assuring him that next time, it'll be on you.

• Let him pay..

But what i would suggest you do if you want to spend time with him. Plan something that doesn't cost much money, a walk in the park, hiking, picnic those kinds of things. Takes the pressure off the money and still allows the two of you to get together.