Would you break up with your partner because they were messy? After telling them over & over to do dishes, or pick up their laundry, still nothing?

• I would Break UP
  • I would NOT Break Up

Most Helpful Guy

• You only have two choices. Accept they're a lazy slob and it won't change or leave. For me that would be a deal breaker. The only thing I question is if they were that way before you got together and if so then shame on you for thinking you could make them change

• 27d

Well let's be honest... i dont know how they were prior, as I only found out once living with them.

• 27d

It won't change so you have a decision

Most Helpful Girl

• no but I'd come up with ways to annoy him into doing them. Like not let him use dishes, only paper plates. Hide his laundry if he didn't do it. Put all his junk in a big pile with a sign on it that says "GIVE AWAY"

• 27d

More like annoy him into breaking up with you.

• 27d

@EvoMan and that's fine to each their own.

• 25d

lol thnx for mho

What Guys Said 14

• Lol this reminds me of that movie with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. I don’t want you to do the dishes. I want you to WANT to do the dishes.

• No, the usual punishment is a cock across the face for that.

• ummm I don't know I'll have to deal with the situation first. but I for sure don't want a lazy girlfriend

• It's not just messy that's the issue, it's being responsible for yourself and your own mess. So yes, I would.

• If he doesn't work and provide anything than yes but if you both work and pay bills it's 50/50 with chores but if your bumming I'd say he should dump you for the attitude

• Yes, because I like a decently clean environment, and dont want to live like a slob.

• I would not break up with her. I like to think of myself as a guy who
    cleans up after him self, doesn't like to be messy, does laundry, cooks,
    cleans etc,

• Yes.

• It would be a negative point in the game of life

• Yes, I would if the issue couldn't be resolved.

• Sadly I got a divorce for that reason. So yes

• 27d

Is it too much to ask? She divorced you first by not compromising

• 27d

It was my fault im a bit ocd, to my everlasting regret i didn't compromise for her.

• Depends how good the sex was and if it was her place?

• Yes I will lolzzz

• As long as she is the one supporting our family, it's alright. I will do her laundry and pick up after her. I would be her slave.

What Girls Said 7

• yeah that would bother me because it shows that he doesn't want to put in the teamwork to help me around the house And dirty dishes and trash laying around the house attracts mice. That would turn me off from a guy and yes would make me break it off esp if he does this in the beginning of us talking.

• Only if it made them completely horrible to live with and they refused to try to work on it. I can deal with a little mess just fine, but I can't be happy living in a total pigsty.

• Maybe. Depends on how bad it is and if I consistently have to do the cleaning even if its his mess.
    I will not live in someone else's filth.

• He would have to be more than just a slob.

• If I lived with them and they did this, yeah, we wouldn't work so it'd be best to end it. I like to stay very clean. It bothers me when people are lazy.

• I'm not a tidy person. But I don't want to do all the housework. I live in a semi tidy state, it's never grimy but you can find the odd laptop and papers still out when I'm busy working.

• No, I already know my guy is messy