Is this a valid excuse to reject a guy?

He looks like my dad, I honestly find it a little revolting. Is it just because I'm shallow (he is a little overweight)? Is looking like my father a valid excuse to reject this guy?

What Guys Said 21

• Yes, totally. There is a smoking hot girl at my gym with a 10/10 body, but I could never date her because her face looks just like my sister!

• May I say Oedipus complex (or rather Electra complex)?
    Often, girls will look to find their father in their boyfriend. If your father has been a good father to you, why wouldn't you want a boyfriend that shares the same qualities? Though, by your question, I gather that you are talking only about the physical aspect of the guy. If you are not attracted to him, I don't see why it should go any further.

• I was never into black girls which I always found strange since I'm half black. My mother is very black and when my parents divorced my mom and I sort of hated each other. Maybe when I saw the black girls, I saw some of her without really even noticing it.

I'm attracted to girls pretty easily but when it comes to black girls I get so picky you wouldn't believe. It makes me sad to think about. But maybe you have a similar problem.

• If you don't think it's a valid excuse then it isn't.

Personally if you don't like their physical appearance, I think that is enough of a reason to reject someone. If you feel bad about it though, then it's probably not a good enough reason for you. IN that case you should give him a shot.

• tons of girls are actually attracted to their dads... its normally a good things.

butu can turn down a guy for any reason u want. personally i think the girl should be honest with the guy :( but i guess thats ur right to do what ever u want and just walk away if u wish. but u can have any reason, thats silly to ask if a reason is ok ;) silly.

• The overweight part I don't agree on that much but your probably just looking for justification, for yourself to reject him, after the looking like your dad part, which I understand to be honest

And yeah I have been in that situation before with girls that look like my sister or that have the same name as my mom and yeah it does feel pretty weird so I do understand it.

• Hahah no one would blame you for rejecting him cuz he reminds you of your dad look wise. I think we all would be creeped out.

• You don't need an excuse. You don't have to be an equal-opportunity dater. You aren't attracted to him. That's a perfectly good reason to not date him.

• I don't think so. To each their own.

• if you don't like him it is what it is don't continue. but I would say don't reject him just cause he looks like your dad.

• I'd simply just tell him that you'd find it uncomfortable because he resembles your father so much and itd make you feel uncomfortable and awkward and you don't want to put yourself in that situation then hit him with the good ole "it's not you it's me" line if you feel its necessary and hope he understands, I see it as a perfectly good reason to reject someone

• I think a lot of us are hard wired to react similarly...

• Yes that would be wired for you so its a valid reason not shallow.

• Sound like you answered your question?

I'm shallow
    He's overweight
    Looks like my dad

• It IS a valid reason. I mean me myself, would never date a girl who has the same name as my mom or sister, and I've been in situations like that too.

• It works for me. I would never date a girl that looks like my Father.

• Do what you must

• Rejection does not need justification.

• Hahaha no just tell him it's not u it me hahaha x

• But I thought girls love saying "daddy"

LMAO

• Tell him to his face that you aren't looking to date now.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it is a valid excuse to reject a guy, but I would advice you to get to know him more, because that might just change your mind. But don't feel guilty you rejected him because in the long run it is better to let him know up front instead of stringing him along and messing with his feelings.