Why was I rejected?

I was really into this guy and decided to tell him how I felt through messenger and he responded. In his response he said I think you're really pretty but Im just not super into you. I know I shouldn't dwell on it and I'm getting over it but I can't help but wonder if that was a genuine statement or if he was just trying to be nice? Why would he reject me if he thought I was really pretty? Why wouldn't he give it a chance? Put this up before but wanted more guys opinion

6

What Guys Said 6

• Don't assume looks are everything, you may not of suited his personality type. Still, you've actually had the balls to ask someone out, that's brave of you.

• Because your looks aren't all that matter

• You should have asked him in person if you could, that would have been the best way

• 27d

I would have but I just didn't have the chance to see him. But do you think he was being genuine or trying not to hurt my feelings?

• 27d

I think if you had the chance to that probably would have been a better time to tell him then you might have gotten to see his reaction and known for yourself if it was genuine or not. That's why confessing through text is so complacted

• I can think you are pretty, doesn't mean Id want anything with you

• May be he likes another girl more than you

• Act like you don't care about what he said. Be the more expensive product. We want what we can't have.