My boyfriend and I just got an apt together. Then he cheated on me. What do I do?

And also he is just saying things like how I deserve better instead of trying to fix it. He is sulking and saying he feels like a piece of shit instead of doing anything.

What do I say to him? How can we fix this?

Most Helpful Guy

• leave him
    cheating is not okay

What Guys Said 4

• You can't fix it and he'll do it again. He had a choice and he chose to cheat. Move out and dump him

• Guy needs to take responsibility for his actions, his life and impact on other people.

Personally, I'd break up. I wouldn't be with someone that cheats. No excuses.

• Honestly you don't have anything to fix since he's the one that cheated on you

• walk away

What Girls Said 4

• So I'm assuming that you want to fix this relationship and move on, I would advise you to go through his things with him and delete the girl from everything that he cheated on you with. You will also need space, get him to sleep on the couch a couple nights, he can't just think you're going to immediately going to forgive him- teach him that this isn't okay- i know that this sounds like you're training a pet but if he wants to act like one then so be it. Its good that he's remorseful however tell him he needs to prove and show you that you can trust him again.

• I've heard that people can strengthen their relationship after one cheats... as long as they don't do it again, of course. You have to ask yourself if he is really worth it. In my opinion, if someone cheated on me... either physically or emotionally... it means they lack respect for my feelings. Respect is an important part of a relationship as is trust. The person who cheated no longer has respect and the person who was cheated on may have trust issues. Yes, it may be difficult to get out of an apartment if you signed a contract. But do you really want to spend the rest of your life with someone who didn't care enough about you?

• Dump him and take all the gifts he gave you with you. Guys today just aren't worth it.

• Make him sleep on the couch and tell him that things are not okay and you need time. You can always go to couple counciling