Would you date someone who was anorexic?

What if you met this 10/10 girl who is smart, athletic and pretty. But then you find out she was anorexic before but now she's not? Or imagine your girlfriend or crush... but they use to have anorexia but now is okay. Would you still like her or does her past ruin her?

For girls: vote the one you think most guys would choose!

• Yes! Her past doesn't change the way she is now!
  • No, I don't want to date someone who use to be so insecure!

What Guys Said 15

• If you past ruined you then there would be little hope for humanity. Most everyone is capable of change, it's only a question of what we can get past. Anorexia does not determine your future or your future behaviour. Besides which, those who have suffered are often more resilient characters.

• 27d

Thank you for the supportive opinion! :)

• If she's anorexic she's for certain not a 10.

But having an eating disorder in the past wouldn't keep me from dating her in the future, nope.

• 27d

Would it decrease your opinions about her?

• 27d

Hm, not really. I would talk to her about it and ensure she was over it and see if she knew why she felt that way. I'd rather understand and help than judge.

I had an ex who was bulimic and I didn't know it. It eventually caused severe health issues and eventually I found out and helped her get through it.

• No. I'm too lazy. She'd die.

• 27d

No like she use to have anorexia, now she doesn't. So she's not anorexic, but in her past she was.

• 27d

I'd. . She decided to tell you one day

• 27d

Well I guess I've dated and loved women with worse ailments. I'd accept and keep rolling on.

• As long as she's healthy now, then her past doesn't matter to me. But if she's STILL anorexic, then it's hard to be in a relationship with someone who may or may not be there in the near future.

• im dating a girl who was one before and still has problems to this day tho she is doing better. and i wouldn't care if she was still anorexic really bad right now or any girls for that matter. if i was dating a girl who was anorexic now i would try to help her. i would help anybody with that problem actually lol

• A ---I will like her even more because she is a winner because of her challenging past.

• Yeah we all do things we regret and no Mt think clearly in the past.

• it's the past and she is over it. no biggie for me

• 27d

Aw sweet! :) but would it lower your opinion about her? Or it wouldn't change at all? :)

• 27d

sadly eating disorders are a common thing, especially with younger girls. If I'd have a bad opinion about everyone with similar problems...

It's not even really their fault... if you see all the time super skinny people on TV and get said that's how you have to look to be pretty... no wonder some people end up with eating disorders. I have a bigger "problem" with obese people.

• 27d

Awesome!!! XD

• I would not date someone regardless of whether or not they were anorexic because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• I would but I would have to really like her.

• 27d

That's great! XD

• 27d

It would be hard though cause some women with that disorder end up drying from starvation for too long that's my biggest concern.

• Is this a trick question?

• What if you met this 10/10 guy who is smart, athletic and pretty, but he use to be morbidly obese...

Does that answer your questions.
    Imagine Cristano Ronaldo morbidly obese as a kid and he's him now.. LOL

• Yes, everyone has to deal with struggles sometimes.

• 27d

I guess that is true! XD

• if she WAS anorexic i wouldn't mind (since she isn't anymore) BUT if she IS anorexic : no

• I would tell her I think she is getting fat. lol j/k
    I would be with her. It's fine.

• 27d

Lol! XD :3 Thank you!!! :3 I wouldn't mind if someone called me fat... although it would make them want to lose weight more for sure though

• 27d

I think I am fatorexic. I keep thinking I'm too skinny no matter how much weight I gain.
      www.mcarterbrown.com/.../...an_beefcake%5B1%5D.jpg

• 27d

Well you can't die from that lol. And that's super easy to do just stuff yourself. But again, fat guys are not that pretty. Gain yhe weight by eating a lot of protein, not junk. And exercise. That looks hoy

What Girls Said 2

• i'm pretty sure guys would date her than date a overweight girl... crazy (i know).

• 27d

Wow!! That's sad O:

• 27d

it is, as long as she's small, they don't care whether she eats a load of cookies, can't even run a circle without going out of breath, or run up a staircase. all that matters is if she's small. thats why i laugh at guys who say they wouldn't date an unhealthy slim girl, because if anything they'd approach her first before they even think about the other girl whose 50 pounds over her bmi. then they will date the anorexic girl, then complain about her, help her out, but this would take the same amount of work it would take to make a big girl to lose weight. #irony lol

• 27d

That's life sigh... which is why most girls are bi

• Noooooo...

• 27d

If you were a guy would you?

• 27d

I would probably try to help her out, dating? I don't know