How do You respond / What do You do when someone has cancelled meeting you for the first time 3 times but all the reasons are validated?

I've never talked to a guy online as much as this guy. It has been quite some time. We've gotten a feel for each other. The past couple of weeks we've been trying to meet for the first time, ALL INITIATED BY HIM. The first time he asked me out was a couple months ago before he went out of time; it fell through. Then the past 2 weekends again the same. The thing is, because I'm obsessive and have wonderful stalking abilities, all his reasons turned true. Two were work related and I found were the truth. The last one was friend related and turned true as well. What do I do from here on it? Like it has almost become a joke to me, like I don't take him asking me out as ever actually happening because something always comes up, yet I can't be mad because it is what it is. What would you do or how would you feel? Or what would you say to said person if you really were interested still?

Out of TOWN not TIME
Omg here on OUT not IT.
I really need to proofread or go to bed.

Most Helpful Guy

• If a girl cancels on me but immediately proposes another time I don't take that as a complete lack of interest. If she cancels but doesn't suggest another time that's a subtle hint that she doesn't really want to go out with me.

In your case if the guy still asking you out despite cancelling, he's interested.

• Do you think he's as disappointed as I am? Because I've become super disappointed, especially this last time. Like here we go again... I feel weird now if we do meet because I feel like I've been putting in a lot of effort or always been free for him whenever. You know? Or do guys not think like that?

• True! & Well he canceled last night so I have no idea now. I'm in limbo... I'm waiting for him to make another time and stick with it, but I feel less hopeful each time.

• Yikes! If he keeps flaking it might be time to look for another guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you were able to confirm that his reasons for cancel were genuine, and he has asked you out more than once I do think that he is interested in you :) I would feel annoyed that the dates you had planned for never got the chance to happen, but, not annoyed at him, because the reasons were genuine. Maybe you could try suggesting plans for the next time? :)

• I did just that! I suggested for another night, this was last night, and he has yet to respond... I don't know

• Thank you! I was hoping that too 😊

• Hey so I've been waiting for 2 days and I have not heard back. He has opened my messages and he has not responded. I was hopeful he was just making sure he would be free so he's waiting to respond, since it isn't until the weeeknd, but as I sit here I feel so let down :( I don't know what to think or do?

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• He may genuinely be too busy and just not know it.

• I don't respond. I don't care if the reasons are true or not, but after the 2nd cancellation, i'm asking other girls out.

• In short, move on. Keep your options open, talk to other guys and put him on the back burner.

• See I'm really picky with guys. I'm rarely interested in someone so I don't care about asking anyone else out. I've actually turned down about 10 dates this week just because they aren't him and I have no interest

• I see, then by all means, continue being disappointed by this flake. One time, i can understand shit comes up, but 2 or 3? Nah you're being strung along by then.

If someone is truly interest in the other person they will MAKE time to see them.

What Girls Said 3

• Keep Going and Rowing if you Both have come Thus Far So Far.
    If Joe has been Initiating all of These "Dates," with Fair and Square "Back Outs,"then Simply tell Him: "Please, dear, I believe you when something has come up each time, but with the Holidays coming up, my own Calendar is Going to Get tight, and I Wouldn't Want to be the One, hun, to Rudely Back Out on you."
    Suggest New year's Eve, Many are OFF the Day After and get Out Early That day. xx

• If this happened me, I would honestly just forget about them. I think maybe give him one more chance and see what happens, seeing as his reasons were actually true the last time. But do make it clear to him that it needs to be made a priority before anything else.

• You wait